Avic finally ate!

LucioArgento211

Arachnopeon
After around 3 weeks with no food, My A. avicularia finally ate! Walked in today to find the remains of a dead cricket hanging by a tail of webbing from the ceiling of her enclosure. I'm so very happy! :D Hopefully sometime soon I'll have a camera so I can finally begin sharing pics of my T's. Anyone else find dead food hanging like I described? If so from what species of T? I've never heard of this before:?

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They do that sometimes. They just stick the bolus nearby. Mine dont eat much either. Slowest growing tarantulas I have. In the past year my B.smithi went from 1/2" to 3". My avic went from 1/2" to maybe a little past 1".

I feel like injecting it with steroids sometimes.

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Walked in today to find the remains of a dead cricket hanging by a tail of webbing from the ceiling of her enclosure
Do you leave crickets in there with it 24/7? Because no eating could be a sign of premolt and leaving food in unattended for long is not recommended......

LucioArgento211

Arachnopeon
I never leave it in there with food, as I know it stresses them out. The food gets cycled out every two days if it's not eaten. And I'm not sure that it's in premoult, as she is rather brightly colored.

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I never leave it in there with food, as I know it stresses them out. The food gets cycled out every two days if it's not eaten. And I'm not sure that it's in premoult, as she is rather brightly colored.
Cool. Just checking.