Avic Fever

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have the irresistable urge to acquire more Avics. I have a juvie versi, and metallica and Avic avic slings. I'd love to add a few more, but I've never actually seen any other species except in pictures, which are so misleading. Minatrix is on my list, but which others stand out in person? Any suggestions?

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Jamie has a nice selection of various Avicularia spiderlings here http://jamiestarantulas.webs.com/ with photos. perhaps that will help feed your Avic addiction. I love them as well. The A.azuraklaasi are gorgeous.
Di

Last edited:

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Best off getting your Avicularia diversipes before they get reclassified if your only after Avicularia, and how could anyone not want a Avicularia purpurea.....?

;P

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Will diversipes be moved to Iridopelma? I have an I. hirsutum, and it looks strikingly similiar.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Will diversipes be moved to Iridopelma? I have an I. hirsutum, and it looks strikingly similiar.
Nope, Iridopelma spp. have tibial apophysis. They of course belong to Aviculariinae but Avicularia diversipes with a few other will be be moved till a new species. But it will probably take awhile will all the paper work and such.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nope, Iridopelma spp. have tibial apophysis. They of course belong to Aviculariinae but Avicularia diversipes with a few other will be be moved till a new species. But it will probably take awhile will all the paper work and such.
Do you think like I that there could be a whole new genus???

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If I were a taxonomist Id make a totally new genus for them called something like Sublisema, Sublisema diversipes...... has a ring to it I think :)

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My kind of thread, any reason to show off some of my avis{D

A diversipes, they are ove 3" now, but I have no current shots

A sp Peru purple

A biceogi

A purpurea

A minatrix

A versi, two of my gals

A metallica

A avicularia

Hope you enjoy, love me some avis.

PIG-

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
PIG- I'm in love with your lovely Avics! Do you ever part with any spiderlings? :)

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
PIG- I'm in love with your lovely Avics! Do you ever part with any spiderlings? :)
I currently have 14 A minatrix slings I'll be putting up for sale next week, as soon as they have all fed, then they will be sold.

PIG-

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, the answer is obvious. I'll have to have one of each. Too bad some of them aren't often available.