Avic enclosure, and other pics

RoseT

Arachnosquire
I made my metallica an enclosure with a lil 3D backdrop (Idea from robc) its my first attempt so it didnt come out as good as it could have been..anyway here it is let me know what you guys think.. I threw in a couple oher pics too...Thanks for looking guys! :)

Heres my my rosea new place...shes grown alot in a very short time...pretty impressive for a rosea...molted twice in a 3 month spread.

Here she is

Heres my lil obt sling kicking some ass (like always)

Got a shot of Candy my Nhandu Color (She dosn't come out much surprisingly)

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Personally I'd remove the stones from your avic enclosure. A a fall onto them from a height is likely to give a potentially fatal injury. Many arboreals lose their grip on glass as they get close to moulting so its something to consider.

I'd also chance the substrate of your OBT. Personally I'd put it in a faunarium with elevated branches as it will web over these much like a GBB does.

Just my opinions

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Peat moss right out of the bag is bone dry and the ones that I've kept seem to love it . Give him/her some cork bark or maybe a small silk plant and watch the webbing grow . They will spin little tubes all over the place . The down side . . . you'll never see them . :D Also switch to a cork tube that reaches to the top for the Avic container . Woods like grape vine or Mopani will tend to mold IMO .

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Thanks....Im using eco earth as substrate keeps water in well...I threw in a live plant at your recommendation.....I ended up removing the small stones per the comment of the avic possibly falling on them...I know about the wood but I have alot of this wood and I really need to start using it...but always keep an eye out for mold...Thanks for the comments.

Finish product:

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WHat I usually do with wood in avic enclosures, is tape the end that's in the wet substrate. That way the wood doesn't soak up the water, and it wont mold as quickly, if at all. After I started using the tape, I've had no mold issues with my wood(God, that sounds wrong).