Avic avic that likes being held?

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
So you act blatantly rude to somebody, miss read both of her previous comments, and then demanded she take time to do more research(which is irrelevant to the original points) and then semi-apologize for your comments.
"Blatantly rude"? :rofl:
And the thing about 'misreading', no, I did not. There was no obvious indication that she wasn't serious. Otherwise you explain to me why I'm not the only one who addressed that. But sure, somehow I am just a really bad bad guy for daring to take her posts serious. You know, the ones with no indication of sarcasm etc.

I also didn't "demand" anything at all, I suggested something.
But it is rather telling that you twist this little fact. ;)

I also didn't "semi-apologize".
Here's what I did: Due to my blatant rudeness I dared to grant her the benefit of the doubt, to set a clear sign that my intentions are well meant - despite of the possibility that what she said might have been meant for real.

Man, in hindsight I should be banned for this unspeakable rude act!! :eek:

call me a white knight all you want, id rather be called a White night for standing up for someone then known as a pompous Jerk who Automatically assumes the worst in people, without stopping and asking first.
Pahahaha!! :rofl::rofl:
Uhm, right.
First of all: White knight, white knight, white knight. :D
Second: I didn't assume 'the worse', I responded directly to what she said, assuming she meant what she said, is that somehow... wrong now?
I neither attacked her, nor did I do anything else of what you claimed. Quite frankly, I am uncertain what you're on about, but it sure is entertaining!

you just immediately started slamming them with rude and unneeded comments. congrats, your a jerk and I'm a Brown noser. i guess I got the worse end of that stick right?
"Slamming"? Hahaha, yeah right, something like that.
Also, you got something mixed up here. While the color of your nose is not of interest to me, so far, the only one being a total jerk was you, which is quite hilarious considering your little crusade to save the damsel in distress - and hence, typical white knight behavior.

You may be a good boy now and ride off into the sunset.

(See? That's rude. But you're hardly in any position to complain after your silly outburst of nonsense - and getting personal. :kiss:)

Rachel C

Arachnopeon
Ah ah, I imagined that, that's why my comment :-s
I was pretty confident people would understand the blatant sarcasm in both statements, but i may have overestimated how willing some people were to read between the lines.

I get that people think that they were just trying to "help me" but to be completely honest, its extremely rude to assume someones ignorance on a topic, and suggest that they research something more. I've been researching owning Tarantulas for almost 20 years. It isn't something I walked into lightly and I take the care of any animal very seriously. I would appreciate in future posts if you would just consider the idea that some people make jokes and use sarcasm as a form of entertainment. I don't claim to be an expert by any means, but I also don't make assumptions about other peoples knowledge. Nothing I said ever indicated a lack of knowledge about the species aside from the jokes I made. I would love to use this website as a tool for sharing experiences and information, but when you make an assumption about someone, instead of just asking, you push people wiling to join this forum away. I have, for the most part, been treated with kindness and respect during my adventures using this website, however it's instances like this that make me wonder about if this is really a place I would like to spend my time. I hope this was a one time occasion and that I can continue using this forum without issue, but I'm skeptical that people won't make baseless assumptions without seeking confirmation first, again. I understand how you could feel the need to play into the situation to make sure, in the instance I was not joking, that I have adequate information, but I would really appreciate if this happens again for me personally if you would take the time to contact me personally. I know it takes more effort, but I feel it would work wonders on handling miscommunication without and 3rd party interference. I'm genuinely not trying to attack anyone, but I would encourage you to reflect on what you say to people (we all should) before you say it. You don't know me, and I don't know you, but what I do know is we all have a love for this animal and a respect for its needs. That is extremely clear. I hope we can all move on from this and all take something away from the situation. Thanks, and I hope everyone has a nice day/night.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I was pretty confident people would understand the blatant sarcasm in both statements, but i may have overestimated how willing some people were to read between the lines.

I get that people think that they were just trying to "help me" but to be completely honest, its extremely rude to assume someones ignorance on a topic, and suggest that they research something more. I've been researching owning Tarantulas for almost 20 years. It isn't something I walked into lightly and I take the care of any animal very seriously. I would appreciate in future posts if you would just consider the idea that some people make jokes and use sarcasm as a form of entertainment. I don't claim to be an expert by any means, but I also don't make assumptions about other peoples knowledge. Nothing I said ever indicated a lack of knowledge about the species aside from the jokes I made. I would love to use this website as a tool for sharing experiences and information, but when you make an assumption about someone, instead of just asking, you push people wiling to join this forum away. I have, for the most part, been treated with kindness and respect during my adventures using this website, however it's instances like this that make me wonder about if this is really a place I would like to spend my time. I hope this was a one time occasion and that I can continue using this forum without issue, but I'm skeptical that people won't make baseless assumptions without seeking confirmation first, again. I understand how you could feel the need to play into the situation to make sure, in the instance I was not joking, that I have adequate information, but I would really appreciate if this happens again for me personally if you would take the time to contact me personally. I know it takes more effort, but I feel it would work wonders on handling miscommunication without and 3rd party interference. I'm genuinely not trying to attack anyone, but I would encourage you to reflect on what you say to people (we all should) before you say it. You don't know me, and I don't know you, but what I do know is we all have a love for this animal and a respect for its needs. That is extremely clear. I hope we can all move on from this and all take something away from the situation. Thanks, and I hope everyone has a nice day/night.
Oh, but one thing I can guarantee to you my Lady is that I live for jokes, my "Funny" rating numbers received so far are a proof of that :-s

The only comment I leaved here is #2 and that one you quoted :)

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
"Blatantly rude"? :rofl:
And the thing about 'misreading', no, I did not. There was no obvious indication that she wasn't serious. Otherwise you explain to me why I'm not the only one who addressed that. But sure, somehow I am just a really bad bad guy for daring to take her posts serious. You know, the ones with no indication of sarcasm etc.

I also didn't "demand" anything at all, I suggested something.
But it is rather telling that you twist this little fact. ;)

I also didn't "semi-apologize".
Here's what I did: Due to my blatant rudeness I dared to grant her the benefit of the doubt, to set a clear sign that my intentions are well meant - despite of the possibility that what she said might have been meant for real.

Man, in hindsight I should be banned for this unspeakable rude act!! :eek:

Pahahaha!! :rofl::rofl:
Uhm, right.
First of all: White knight, white knight, white knight. :D
Second: I didn't assume 'the worse', I responded directly to what she said, assuming she meant what she said, is that somehow... wrong now?
I neither attacked her, nor did I do anything else of what you claimed. Quite frankly, I am uncertain what you're on about, but it sure is entertaining!

"Slamming"? Hahaha, yeah right, something like that.
Also, you got something mixed up here. While the color of your nose is not of interest to me, so far, the only one being a total jerk was you, which is quite hilarious considering your little crusade to save the damsel in distress - and hence, typical white knight behavior.

You may be a good boy now and ride off into the sunset.

(See? That's rude. But you're hardly in any position to complain after your silly outburst of nonsense - and getting personal. :kiss:)
funny because its obvious not only by what she originally said but also by her responses to this, that not only was she sarcastic, but your comments were out of line.

Feel free to pretend that everything you said was polite and nice. i don't really care all that much to be honest. its just ironic to see somebody with little experience and a Big mouth, come onto a forum site and immediately attack somebody for something that was again, Sarcasm.

and then when somebody stands up for said person, instead of admitting that you responded somewhat rudely, you instead are rude and disrespectful to that person as well.

because of this i can only imagine the type of person you are behind your keyboard, and i for one, don't think its a person i would ever like to know personally, and i am glad i don't!

with that being said, @Rachel C i hope this experience doesn't push you away from the, mostly, amazing community here on arachnoboards. some people can be a little harsh at first, but there is a lot of Good help here, and while @Chris LXXIX does love his jokes, i can assure you he means absolutely No harm and is in fact a VERY knowledgeable Member of the community! as long as respect is Given to the Goddess of course :)

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
I can only hope to own one of the few tarantulas with actual emotions. I rescued her from petco where they were pretty much drowning her in water. I explained to the manager that the care they were providing wasn't adequate and she seemed extremely receptive and appreciative and actually gave this baby to me because she could tell i was concerned. Maybe she's thanking me for saving her from that hellhole of an enclosure.
Ok, please point out the "blatant sarcasm", for I absolutely do not see it, neither did @viper69 , it seems - but he's probably just another bad guy with a sinister agenda, according to someone else...

I get that people think that they were just trying to "help me" but to be completely honest, its extremely rude to assume someones ignorance on a topic, and suggest that they research something more. I've been researching owning Tarantulas for almost 20 years. It isn't something I walked into lightly and I take the care of any animal very seriously.
Well that's great!
And now explain to me how anyone is supposed to know this in advance.
I don't know you. I can only judge you by what you say - and frankly, it's not my problem when you say silly things like the above without any hint that it is said in jest. I said it before, but I feel it never reached its final destination, so again: this board is full with posts and stories that are beyond silly. So without knowing you, how can anyone know you're just kidding when you start talking about emotional tarantulas?

It's funny that you call those with the intention to help rude, when it's ultimately you that's rude by blaming those taking the time to help, for misunderstanding what you call blatant sarcasm.
Of course, the error somehow is on the receiving end, not yours, or somewhere in between, maybe? o_O

I would appreciate in future posts if you would just consider the idea that some people make jokes and use sarcasm as a form of entertainment.
I would appreciate in future posts if you would just consider that no one can read your mind and that your blatant sarcasm maybe, just maybe, isn't as blatant as you assume.

Nothing I said ever indicated a lack of knowledge about the species aside from the jokes I made.
Except the part about emotional/thankful tarantulas, yes. And that would have been a big indication, if meant for real, actually.

I would love to use this website as a tool for sharing experiences and information, but when you make an assumption about someone, instead of just asking, you push people wiling to join this forum away.
Can't speak for others, but I actually did ask - and was ignored.

You know, a simple "Haha, all good - I was just joking!" would have swept away any misunderstanding, but of course we can rather make a huge thing out of this, as if you were just horribly mistreated by a gang of mean tarantula overlords, longing for blood. @louise f tried to point out that people just tried to help - you still feel attacked somehow. I don't see the issue, really.

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
Ok, please point out the "blatant sarcasm", for I absolutely do not see it, neither did @viper69 , it seems - but he's probably just another bad guy with a sinister agenda, according to someone else...

Well that's great!
And now explain to me how anyone is supposed to know this in advance.
I don't know you. I can only judge you by what you say - and frankly, it's not my problem when you say silly things like the above without any hint that it is said in jest. I said it before, but I feel it never reached its final destination, so again: this board is full with posts and stories that are beyond silly. So without knowing you, how can anyone know you're just kidding when you start talking about emotional tarantulas?

It's funny that you call those with the intention to help rude, when it's ultimately you that's rude by blaming those taking the time to help, for misunderstanding what you call blatant sarcasm.
Of course, the error somehow is on the receiving end, not yours, or somewhere in between, maybe? o_O

I would appreciate in future posts if you would just consider that no one can read your mind and that your blatant sarcasm maybe, just maybe, isn't as blatant as you assume.

Except the part about emotional/thankful tarantulas, yes. And that would have been a big indication, if meant for real, actually.

Can't speak for others, but I actually did ask - and was ignored.

You know, a simple "Haha, all good - I was just joking!" would have swept away any misunderstanding, but of course we can rather make a huge thing out of this, as if you were just horribly mistreated by a gang of mean tarantula overlords, longing for blood. @louise f tried to point out that people just tried to help - you still feel attacked somehow. I don't see the issue, really.

All I'm going to say to this is, Please don't Bring @viper69 into this. his comments were not rude like yours, and he is a long standing knowledgeable member of this Forum who has done a lot of good. I've seen him help more new and inexperienced users then most other people, and he has always been willing to help.
sure he's not afraid to speak his mind, and tell you exactly how it is, but he does so from different perspective i believe then you do.

and actually looking back, the only thing that he really said that could be considered out of line(which tbh i wouldn't but just for arguments sake?) is the whole, "they are not cats/dogs"
the next comment he posted was actually somewhat informative and could actually be beneficial. not only did he break down the differences between "handling" and the tarantula moving onto you by its own free will, but he also added a End note, basicly a warning, that Avics can and sometimes will, Suicide dive off of you to the floor.

but never did he "throw the book at her" so to say. he did not rudely berate her and did not assume that she thinks of them like "8 legged mammals".

the difference between YOUR comment and Vipers comment is, Vipers is coming from literally YEARS of Experience on not only this forums but years of raising tarantulas and inverts and see what can happen(and I'm sure experiencing some of this himself)
where as your comment seemed to be coming more from some self righteous need to correct somebody that you ASSUMED has less knowledge then you, and tell them that they are a irresponsible Keeper.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@Chris LXXIX does love his jokes, i can assure you he means absolutely No harm and is in fact a VERY knowledgeable Member of the community! as long as respect is Given to the Goddess of course :)
You are too kind in your analysis my man :embarrassed:

I'm just the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) humble Priest :bookworm: but Thank You.

P.S

Praise the Goddess!

P.P.S

Join Us! :-s

Rachel C

Arachnopeon
I have messaged the other person in the conversation privately and I would rather talk with them personally than continue on this post. If you guys have anything to say about the original post then I would love to hear your thoughts, otherwise I think we've all exhausted this conversation. I appreciate anyone trying to stick up for me and I appreciate anyone who steered clear. Hopefully this can be avoided in the future and I hope everyone is doing well.

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
funny because its obvious not only by what she originally said but also by her responses to this, that not only was she sarcastic, but your comments were out of line.
Maybe you should at least try to grasp the fact that posts in an Internet forum can be misunderstood. It happens, and is absolutely no big deal - except one wants it to be, right? ;)

Feel free to pretend that everything you said was polite and nice. i don't really care all that much to be honest.
I'm not pretending. I was surely not speaking with angels on my tingue, but I neither was "rude" enough that would justify your silly outburst.
Oh, and for someone not caring that much, you're sure at it! o_O

its just ironic to see somebody with little experience and a Big mouth, come onto a forum site and immediately attack somebody for something that was again, Sarcasm.
I did not 'attack' her. The only one who initiated nasty attacks, is you, btw.

Further, experience is no guarantee for anything. I've seen threads from people bragging they have over ten years of experience, all while making the most absurd statements - your point being?
It's all so very relative, and as long as I do not make any wrong statements, I see no reason not to share what I want to say?
Do you decide how much experience and knowledge is enough to do so? And is there a test I need to conduct before hand?
Stop being ridiculous.

and then when somebody stands up for said person, instead of admitting that you responded somewhat rudely, you instead are rude and disrespectful to that person as well.
I made a sincere and well meant suggestion based on what she said about emotional tarantulas. Yes, yes - "blatant sarcasm", I know. :troll:
This is settled by now. @Rachel C and I settled this via pm(thank you) and realized it was just a misunderstanding, nothing more, no bad feelings.

The only one completely losing his shit about it, is you, by being a patronizing white knight, insulting others because they were "rude".
(Share me that logic :rolleyes:)

because of this i can only imagine the type of person you are behind your keyboard, and i for one, don't think its a person i would ever like to know personally, and i am glad i don't!
And even more hypocrisy.
Oh boy, sheath your little stick and ride off already before you hurt yourself.

Now, continue this on your own if you must, I'm done.