Avic avic problems

Brachymania

Arachnopeon
My Avic Avic has been having some problems lately. She has been very sluggish and has refused food. My first thought was that she was in pre molt but it has only been 1.5 months since her last molt and she is already 3.75 inches or so. I preped an ICU and when I tried to get her in there she showed some aggression and her fang parted and she struck at the brush every time it touched her. It had been 8 hours and she has not shown any signs of change in the ICU. I keep my room temp 82 and I keep her set up very humid and mold free. Is she dehydrated or is there something else wrong with her? Thanks! :(

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
It sounds to me like pre molt. You need to put your T back into its original enclosure. An ICU is for dehydrated tarantulas only! First sign of dehydration is all legs curled underneath the body.

Back when my male avic was 2-3" he would refuse food for a month or 2 and become lethargic. When he was preparing for his ultimate molt he was in heavy premolt for 2 months or more.

She would also have a shrunken wrinkled abdomen if she was dehaydrated.

Brachymania

Arachnopeon
It sounds to me like pre molt. You need to put your T back into its original enclosure. An ICU is for dehydrated tarantulas only! First sign of dehydration is all legs curled underneath the body.

Back when my male avic was 2-3" he would refuse food for a month or 2 and become lethargic. When he was preparing for his ultimate molt he was in heavy premolt for 2 months or more.

She would also have a shrunken wrinkled abdomen if she was dehaydrated.
Her abdomen is not shrunken but some of her legs are curled. That was the first thing I checked for. She also has not taken ANY food since her last molt. Sorry that I left that out.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Her abdomen is not shrunken but some of her legs are curled. That was the first thing I checked for. She also has not taken ANY food since her last molt. Sorry that I left that out.
Does she have a water dish? How big it it? Tarantulas groom with there feet so a few legs underneath is a normal sitting possition. A death curl includes all the legs.

Brachymania

Arachnopeon
She is not a male. I already sexed her with her last molt. She has been like this for more than a few days and i have not noticed her grooming.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
She is not a male. I already sexed her with her last molt. She has been like this for more than a few days and i have not noticed her grooming.
Can you get any photos of her? And ill ask again. "Has she had a full water dish reciently?"

Brachymania

Arachnopeon
O hey did not see that question. Yes I have keep the dish full. I have also changed it out every now and then. No I no longer own a camera unfortunately.