Avic Avic not eating

patriotgator

Arachnopeon
I've had my Avic for about 3 weeks now and it's not eating. I offer a few times a week but it does take anything. I have it in a bugarium with cork bark to climb. Should I worry?

Attachments

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
That's one fat Avic, I wouldn't worry the eating for a while.

Edit:
Do you know the sex because it looks a little bald like perhaps an old MM maybe?

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Pretty sure you'll get a molt in the next month or so. It's awfully rough looking so I'd say for sure pre molt.

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah looks fat enough. No need to be concerned for its appetite...3 weeks is nothing.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
doesnt look very fat to me..ive had skinnier spiders molt for me, but not very often. premolts a possibility but i dont think so.

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
It's probably just premolt. A couple of my juvenile avics just went well over a month without eating before they molted. I have an adult that just doesn't eat very often anytime though.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
The first spider that I ever got didn't eat for me when I got it. It went about a month and then it molted. Post molt, it got its appetite back. In your case, I would just make sure that it has access to water and let it do its thing.