Avic avic concerns

machinegunkev

Arachnopeon
I get what you mean, but its not applicable here as there was no issue here.

As for the "tones", well that can ONLY be attributed to the reader, the writer has ZERO control of the tone the reader chooses to read a post with.
The writer has zero control of tone? Of course they do. Emotes go a long way when conveying tone. Also if I were on these forums a while, I'd become jaded too. After seeing these threads for so long you get use to the snarky remarks.

Communication is a complicated subject, there are folks that dedicate years of study just to understand it. I understand now that he wasn't trying to be an asshole. I apologize on my behalf for the misinterpretation. However, I would like to point out that when communicating online or thru text, you can turn an otherwise benign statement into something snarky or condescending by simply inserting a particular emote lol.

I hope you all have a great day!:mooning::smug:;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey you cool off! Viper wasn't being condescending, he was gently teasing you. Right Vipe?
Correct, Venom said exactly what I meant. I put a smiley emoticon indicating, to most people at least, that one is joking being light hearted.

My question to the OP was not because s/he was new. In point of fact I had no idea if this person was new to Ts or not. I actually felt the OP was not that new or did some excellent research based on other comments s/he had made in other posts of this thread.

A few posts and a rank on a forum is an indication of time on the forum, not an indication of time keeping Ts. I was on this forum for years before I even posted, and I'm always learning, and always will be.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As for the "tones", well that can ONLY be attributed to the reader, the writer has ZERO control of the tone the reader chooses to read a post with.
A breath of sanity and facts, much appreciated ;)

Alan thackray

Arachnopeon
Hi
Im a new keeper of a mexican red rump and am worried as ive had it for aprox 4 weeks and it has yet to accept any sort of feed
Well watered substrate is spot on temp and humidity are as they should be can anyone please help

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Hi
Im a new keeper of a mexican red rump and am worried as ive had it for aprox 4 weeks and it has yet to accept any sort of feed
Well watered substrate is spot on temp and humidity are as they should be can anyone please help
Hey, you hijacked a thread. Start one of your own. Include pictures of your T and her enclosure. Anything we tell you without pics would be quesses only and probably useless. Thanks.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hi
"Well watered substrate"? <-- heresy, btw
"humidity are as they should"?

And what are those magic numbers, if I can ask?

Assuming you are talking about a juve/adult specimen: bone dry substrate. A piece of cork bark for hide. A water dish. Time to settle. Done.

Without pics is all I can give you.