Avic and B. Albo - quick advice

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am going to be 'rescuing' a pair of tarantulas as soon as I can get to this guy's house, if he doesn't give them to someone else first.. He said his friend dumped them on him, one's a pink toe and one's a curly hair according to him, and he's too scared to open their tanks to feed or water them - for a month. He said the tanks are nasty and they're probably hungry- GEE, ya think!?

I've never taken in 'neglected' T's before, what exactly should I do for these two, aside form giving them peace and clean water/easy food?

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Give 'em water dishes. Post pictures. (Not necessarily in that order.)
They should be fine unless they're tiny slings, which it doesn't sound like they are, by his reaction. Nasty to a human, and to a tarantula may be entirely different perceptions.
Best of luck!

Maxhoule

Arachnopeon
Big T are tough, I've heard from Martin that he once lost the track on the shipment for about a month, and they were fine. If they are bigger than 2-3 inches they should be fine.

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The first time this guy posted was Dec 18th.. so they've been without care since then. Really, what a dork. They could have been dropped at a pet store or something..