Avic Amazonica fish stories

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
OK, so there are various accounts of A. sp. Amazonica reaching 9". Surely this is an exaggeration. My versicolor is 6" and I thought that was about max size for an Avic. What's the largest anyone has seen?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I'd heard braunshauseni can get 7-8", but other than that 9" is way extreme. If anyone has an avic species that gets that size, give me slings plz ;)

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
"'Twas back in '42, on a merchantman expedition. We were sailin' through Manaus one evenin' when a fierce gale forced us to shelter aginst th' shore.
Suddenly I saw th' beast! I tell ye she was 3/4 of a foot if she was an inch! She was gone in a flash before I could hail me mates. She been haunting my dreams ever since. Many a those who heard my tale have gone searchin', but few have returned, and none o' them has seen so much as a fuzzy pink toe a' her.
But I know she's be out there, and some day a she'll show herself to another. And then ye all will know th' truth!"

I imagine something like that is how the stories started.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
I did some research and the only place I could find reference to them growing to 9" was a post on the reptileforums. A user provided photos of her AF amazonica claiming it was 9" in legspan, but never responded to requests of the T next to a ruler. I really really doubt they can get that large, but as I just got a 0.5" sling, I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'm wrong... :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've read of someone with a A. sp. Kwitara River with an 8" size, but again on ruler. They do get large by all accounts, which isn't many.

Never seen an Avic reaching 9". sp amazonica may reach 7" never seen the proof yet, the same with braunshauseni. I'm pretty sure CEC has a AF sp amazonica that is either almost 6" or by now has exceeded 6" @CEC ?

I wouldn't rule out 7" but is that common or the abnormal one, no one knows. I'd say uncommon.