Aviary and other attractions in Niagara Falls

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
While visiting Niagara Falls over the weekend, we made some interesting stops. Among them was the Niagara Falls Aviary and Butterfly Conservatory. Also took a picture of a beastly fish that we found (dead, unfortunately) next to Lake Eerie.

---
Wendy
---

Attachments

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice Shots.

Did you do the "feed the Lories"? Those Rainbow Lories are sweet. And one of the B&G Macaws loves me there he was hanging upside down trying to eat my face lol.

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice Shots.

Did you do the "feed the Lories"? Those Rainbow Lories are sweet. And one of the B&G Macaws loves me there he was hanging upside down trying to eat my face lol.
Yes, we did feed the Rainbow Lories. :) I can never pass up birds (I was missing my feathered bunch at home). The hubby had more poop on his jacket than food in his hands. {D

I cracked up about the sign about the B&Gs. "Do not feed the parrots, they are NOT tame." I held their Blue Fronted Amazon, adored "Star", their Yellow-Nape, and just had a blast in there period. What I loved the most, however, were the Egyptian Fruit Bats. Would have loved nothing more than to take their pictures, but I didn't want to disturb them during their beauty rest. ;)

Gorgeous place to visit - actually the entire trip was breathtaking - the scenery is simply magnificent.

---
Wendy
---

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Wendy, glad you had a fun time, the aviary is a blast!!!1

Nice pictures, did you enjoy your trip north of the border?
Mori

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wendy, glad you had a fun time, the aviary is a blast!!!1

Nice pictures, did you enjoy your trip north of the border?
Mori
Mori, I LOVED the trip. This was my first time in Canada - but definitely not my last. :D The ride was really long though (450 miles, 8 hours of driving), but it was a scenic ride. We passed the Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge, which is on my list on places to visit some day. Have you ever been? Is it worth the ride?

---
Wendy
---

Jonathan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi,
Did you go on the maid of the mist trip through the falls. That is pretty cool, with the falls coming down on top of you.
The falls are really something to see in the winter. There are all sorts of ice formations that are pretty cool too.
Jon

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,
Did you go on the maid of the mist trip through the falls. That is pretty cool, with the falls coming down on top of you.
The falls are really something to see in the winter. There are all sorts of ice formations that are pretty cool too.
Jon

Jon,

Yes, we took the "Maid of the Mist" trip. I insisted, despite the temperatures being 20 degrees less than when we left NJ. {D

Would love to go back in the middle of winter to see the ice formations. Our hotel room had numerous pictures of the Falls during the 4 seasons, and the winter scenery was quite beautiful and intriguing.

---
Wendy
---