Availability Aphonopelma mooreae, infos...

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I was just thinking I can't see properly when watched some classified ads.
Are they regularly available outside Europe? Definitely haven't seen any of them in Europe in the last few years!? And if available, what prices do you have to pay.

Here is what I found:
0.0.2 Aphonopelma mooreae 5. instar 320€/pice RAR!
(I am not violating any copyright infringement here, by the way!)

Does it have someone here, or how is the success with offspring?

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
From my understanding, they are extremely and painfully slow growing. It takes a looooong time to get a breeding group started. In the states, I don't think I've seen one over 1.5" being offered anywhere. Slings were first made available probably a year or 18 months back, will probably be another 5 or 6 years until we see them produced in limited quantities on this side of the pond. Price wise, they float between $250 and $350 from what few I've seen offered.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Thanks for the useful information. I haven't thought of this species for a long time and was amazed that it hasn't become more established, but the slow growth would of course be a factor!

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
IIRC,i saw them here in the US last fall maybe?.And were in the $350US range for slings.No way to know if they were from a sac from a wild caught female,or other breeding.
Everything has its price,apparently.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was just thinking I can't see properly when watched some classified ads.
Are they regularly available outside Europe? Definitely haven't seen any of them in Europe in the last few years!? And if available, what prices do you have to pay.

Here is what I found:
0.0.2 Aphonopelma mooreae 5. instar 320€/pice RAR!
(I am not violating any copyright infringement here, by the way!)

Does it have someone here, or how is the success with offspring?
They just came out here recently. About 250-350$ for slings. They are rare here.

I was told by an importer/dealer they all come from one vendor/breeder in MX, and he knows exactly what they are, ie value.

And they are very slow growers. They aren’t as blue as some people may think according to some pictures I’ve seen, but who knows how those were taken in the digital age.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I sexed my sling female via microscope, and got her 2 years ago. She’s molted twice and is still .25 inches. When people say glacially slow growth, this is it.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I sexed my sling female via microscope, and got her 2 years ago. She’s molted twice and is still .25 inches. When people say glacially slow growth, this is it.
I don't know if anything is already known about it, but with this growth you will probably enjoy this spider for many, many years (similar to Brachypelma).

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
I can't remember the last time I saw most of the rarer aphonopelma species in canada. I've been looking for gabeli for some time now and haven't even heard of someone who owns one here

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Are they rare in Europe too? I’m newer to the hobby, but even in the past year and a half I’ve seen them more and more available in the US though. They’re up there in price with the p Solaris, usually I see them listed $300 for a sling. They look awesome but I wouldn’t pay that when you could get a d diamantinensis or gbb for $40

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Are they rare in Europe too? I’m newer to the hobby, but even in the past year and a half I’ve seen them more and more available in the US though. They’re up there in price with the p Solaris, usually I see them listed $300 for a sling. They look awesome but I wouldn’t pay that when you could get a d diamantinensis or gbb for $40
Don't forget Harpactira chrysogaster if you want the OW version, although they do tend to darken up a lot more.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
A. mooreae are around the US but not in abundance as they're slow growing like most Aphonopelma's. There isn't many people who own them as they are expensive and are very slow growing, which those are two of the biggest factors as to why no one buys them. To be blunt, the only vendors that will have them are those who either imported them or bred them which is basically the breeders who are spending a lot on money. So most typical/normal vendors will not have them.

I personally think those new species are not really profitable long term as they take a long time to sell and are mostly catered towards hardcore/dedicated or money-heavy keepers. There is a lot falsehood that plagues a lot of breeders who imports new species which is "New species = Big Profit". People think that new species is profitable when it actuality it mostly isn't for a long while. But I do think any new species is welcomed into hobby, but it takes a very long time for them to find a steady placing.

sk063

Arachnopeon
Just located one for a mere $860 U.S.D. Holy cow ! They are stunners for sure, I believe I'll hold off on that one

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your precious $350++++ Aphonopelma mooreae. And one of my $70 precious Aphonopelma mooreae lol. The color satea hairs on the abdomen of the mooreae is no different than the Aphonopelma chalcodes “Payson Blonde”. Basically they’re exactly the same color. Saturated photos are a joke. Photographers try to hard to make these spiders to look different than what they really appear.

Aphonopelma mooreae 2.75”
E4D3D079-79CF-4085-B66A-AB76B855B49E.jpeg
Aphonopelma chalcodes “Payson Blonde”
864EC868-0B84-4C18-8103-E0EA4035B5D4.jpeg

Last edited: