Suggestion Automatic access to region forum and classified listings on account creation

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
I think to help promote the region specific forums and classifieds (which at least for canada are very inactive) accounts should be automatically granted access based on what they input as their location on their user profile instead of the manual requesting access thing.

I think it would probably end up saving staff time in the future.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
While we agree with you, and appreciate the thought of saving us time, unfortunately, that functionality is not available in the software we use. That coupled with the fact that users have put inaccurate information in the location field are reasons why this won't happen. Sorry about that, but it will remain a manual process.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
I'm curious as to the reason behind restricting access to the regional forums. Is it to prevent the site from being used as a vehicle for smuggling? The reason I ask is I'm looking to import here in the future and I'm having a hard time finding some of the species I want in Europe through more conventional searches.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Regional forums are for issues regarding that specific geographical region and only that specific geographic region. Regional classifieds categories are for users who only ship within those geographical regions. Anyone, who can post in the classifieds, can post in the general classifieds category, and if they are able to export legally to other regions, should be posting in the general classifieds category.

Hope that helps explain our stance.