Australian trapdoor, idiommata silverback?

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mature male. I would release it out so it can breed. I dunno speicies though

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I've found a beautiful gold spider east of Perth Australia, at first I thought it was a T as they look so alike but doing some research pretty sure it's a trapdoor, thinking idiommata silverback, would anyone else be able to confirm this for me or any other ideas what he/she is and any other info

View attachment 347151
View attachment 347153
View attachment 347154
He is BEAUTIFUL! !!!!!!! I cannot describe how awestruck i am watching him move in this video! It definitely looks like a silverback, but an entirely new species im unaware of

Geezus

Arachnopeon
He is BEAUTIFUL! !!!!!!! I cannot describe how awestruck i am watching him move in this video! It definitely looks like a silverback, but an entirely new species im unaware of
It's definitely nothing I've ever seen around this area before, I'm absolutely obsessed with him! I would really love to keep him but I'm unsure if that's the best thing to do if they could be something new, there was another one a couple of metres away with more orange gold colouring but went straight down his/her burrow this one just sat there

basin79

ArachnoGod
It's definitely nothing I've ever seen around this area before, I'm absolutely obsessed with him! I would really love to keep him but I'm unsure if that's the best thing to do if they could be something new, there was another one a couple of metres away with more orange gold colouring but went straight down his/her burrow this one just sat there
He's a mature male. Please DON'T keep him. Get some pics and release him so he'll hopefully find a female and breed.

Geezus

Arachnopeon
He's a mature male. Please DON'T keep him. Get some pics and release him so he'll hopefully find a female and breed.
Yeah as much as I love the look of him I think that's the best option for the species is to release, may send a few pics to an entomologist on the odd change it is something new too :)