Australian Tiger (Ethmostigmus rubripes) Centipede

BB8

Arachnosquire
nice bro, they are almost the same but yours looks fatter :p How long do you think she is? i havnt seen mine moult once... must do it under the hide?

BB8

Arachnosquire
Actually, yours holding a large cricket.... looks identical to mine holding a medium cricket. So i am thinking yours must be around 18cm?

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
That is an amazing centipede. It looks so muscly and thick compared to morsitans and most other Scolopendra! A good eater I presume.

BB8

Arachnosquire
Steak :), i heard a story from the guy who started his petstore business selling roadkill in the northern territory. He used to pick up dead roo's and sell the meat. Anyway one day he saw a wedge tail eagle feeding on a carcass on the side of the road... when he went to pick up the carcass he saw a centipede clinging on from underneath. Apparently it was massive close to a foot long and it was feeding on the kangeroo meat (highest protein). I am guessing he was startled and exagerated a bit but a monster none the less.

Has anyone else heard this story? I think he owns petbarn chain or something

That is an amazing centipede. It looks so muscly and thick compared to morsitans and most other Scolopendra! A good eater I presume.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Actually, yours holding a large cricket.... looks identical to mine holding a medium cricket. So i am thinking yours must be around 18cm?
I actually though it was that big when I first got it, but once I measured it, it turned out to be only 14.5cm BL. Smaller than I thought, but on the plus side, it means I'll probably have many good years left with it.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Also, I believe the reason it's so fat it because it was overfed by its old owner. He had no ill intentions, but he never wanted the pede in the first place, and didn't know how to look after one. It was fed three crickets a day.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Good luck with those! Make sure not to disturb her.

Roughly how big is she? My biggest measures 16cm body-length (without antennae/terminal legs). I said it was 14-15cm earlier in this thread, but that was because I measured it while it was contracted.

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
nice bro, they are almost the same but yours looks fatter :p How long do you think she is? i havnt seen mine moult once... must do it under the hide?
I have a specimen of that species that is identical to the one that you have and it moulted under its hideout. It is now 16 cm in length (exc.. antennae).