Australian Ethmostigmus rubripes MONSTER!

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Yeah. Currently I own a brown, banded and half green/banded variant. The third has a high likelihood of being on eggs right now; she laid a batch last year, which she unfortunately ate after being disturbed by one of my other pedes, and has now disappeared for over two weeks, not even coming out at night. Besides, I've read that a single mating can lead to several fertile clutches. I've got my fingers crossed, to say the least.
Well, I own one and only centipede which is the classic tiger form, as you probably would already know, and that specimen was measured by me and I recorded it to be 16cm, so I’m really hoping it could reach 25cm! Because if it does I will be the most delighted person!!! That is also if it lives another two or three years, all the better!!!!!!

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Yeah, I hope she will be the happiest centipede! But make sure the enclosure is entirely escape proof, I duct tape sizeable holes with very strong duct tape, and yeah, enjoy your new pet!! Thanks for becoming a Rubripes keeper as well. The real Aussie terrarium animal in invert world!!!!

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
If your pede is 16cm, it could probably live a good deal longer than two or three years more. My biggest rubripes, who is 17-18cm body-length, has molted only once in the two years I've owned her for.

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Well, from my experience, E. rubripes is a reasonably active pede, unless it's given a ridiculous amount of substrate and no hide. If there is a hide, it will use that instead of burrowing. That's my experience.
My ethmostigmus rubripes tiger form enclosure has a ridiculous amount of substrate and a hide and it does both use its hide and when it is under the hide, it digs a tunnel and burrows!