Aureostriata hanging up on cage for the last 20 hours

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know why, all i did last night was check once again for cricket shells since both of my Ts ate on Wednesday. The aureostriata had 2 medium crickets and I didn't see any shells at all, my rosea took almost 12 hours to finish it's crick and left a leg and upper head piece, i removed that right away once i saw it as while i was watching it it dropped the cricket and went into it's made tunnel.;) I later went on to check the aureostriata's cage last night. I checked inside the pot as best as i could and the outside floor of the substrate, no uneaten parts and it's so hard to see shells. I went on to drain close to a full waterdish that had peat and refill it with clear fresh water and clean the dish. It was after that i saw it hanging at the top after i placed back the cage into it's usual location it stayed next to the cage side on the floor. Then i saw it hanging at the top before i went to bed. It stayed like that into this morning, all day and currently still there right now, the waterdish isn't overflown and i didn't even fill it to the tip...i'm getting kind of worried if this continues...as i don't know what i did wrong to cause it to hang up on the top...:?

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know why, all i did last night was check once again for cricket shells since both of my Ts ate on Wednesday. The aureostriata had 2 medium crickets and I didn't see any shells at all, my rosea took almost 12 hours to finish it's crick and left a leg and upper head piece, i removed that right away once i saw it as while i was watching it it dropped the cricket and went into it's made tunnel.;) I later went on to check the aureostriata's cage last night. I checked inside the pot as best as i could and the outside floor of the substrate, no uneaten parts and it's so hard to see shells. I went on to drain close to a full waterdish that had peat and refill it with clear fresh water and clean the dish. It was after that i saw it hanging at the top after i placed back the cage into it's usual location it stayed next to the cage side on the floor. Then i saw it hanging at the top before i went to bed. It stayed like that into this morning, all day and currently still there right now, the waterdish isn't overflown and i didn't even fill it to the tip...i'm getting kind of worried if this continues...as i don't know what i did wrong to cause it to hang up on the top...:?

The substrate may be too moist. They are very sensitive to this like G. rosea's are.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmmm i just don't get it though, substrate didn't change and water didn't spill and it was in it's hide and on the floor at nights prior to this incident...what can I do if this is the case? just patience?

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
How large is the T, and how far is the ceiling to the dirt?
Is the lid screen?

-Sean

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How large is the T, and how far is the ceiling to the dirt?
Is the lid screen?

-Sean
Sean, the T is roughly 2inches i think, and the celling to the dirt is maybe 3 inches or so. It's a small Kritter Keeper 4inches or so of peat, hide, bottlecap waterdish, here is a pic from my pic thread for a better illustration and luckily the T was stretched out, hope it helps:

Thanks again

-Andy

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Yeah, you're fine. I was making sure it wasn't an adult hanging on a screen lid. That can cause injuries.
No problem.

-Sean

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Update: It's down and at the side of the cage touching the plastic! :D I opened up the window next to the cage to make sure ventilation went through well and moisture hopefully was down to minimal, looks like it did the trick, hopefully it doesn't go back up...lol

Last edited: