Augacephalus ezendami or junodi?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Okay, so I may be in the position to get either one of these. Care seems similar, and from pictures, colours seem a little similar too, with the junodi being more brown/bronze coloured.
Anyone have these two? Is there a difference between them, disposition maybe?
@cold blood , I know you keep A.ezendami, but do you perhaps have junodi as well?
@KezyGLA
What about you? If I recall correctly you were into these as well no?

cold blood

Staff member
junodis much prettier i think. and more expensive.
See, and I think ezendami is the better looking of the two....although both are great looking if you like baboons. Both have great carapaces, which is one of my favorite things about ts.

Here's my take...if you are getting a sexed female, go junodi. I would be hesitant to buy them as slings, especially if I was only buying a small amount of them simply because of just how small males mature...like teeny tiny stupid small.

Ezendami is better to buy a few slings of because IME they have a good (even) ratio of males to females (I can't speak for this with regards to junodi)....so getting 2 or 3 will give a good shot at a female....slings do grow slowly though, but the bigger they get, the better their appetite is and the faster they actually grow. Juvies and adults are excellent eaters.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Why not buy both..., you know you want to.:embarrassed:
I know...but my wallet says no :(

@cold blood
They are both sexed females actually, junodi is a juvenile female,the ezendami an adult.
I've seen a video of the size of a junodi male...he looks like a sling!
I love the looks of both of them...
Temperament is the same I take it?

cold blood

Staff member
I know...but my wallet says no :(

@cold blood
They are both sexed females actually, junodi is a juvenile female,the ezendami an adult.
I've seen a video of the size of a junodi male...he looks like a sling!
I love the looks of both of them...
Temperament is the same I take it?
I've never had junodi...but ezendami are interesting....they sit and hold their ground, like a Brachy...then with enough motivation, they may all at once explode in a burst of speed. But the only time you are going to be continuing to motivate them to move is during a re-house...so for daily maintenance, they either just sit there perfectly still, or they walk into their burrow (or they stay put within that burrow). Really easy to deal with and that propensity for bursts actually makes packing them or re-housing them really really easy.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
We just ordered an A. ezendami female, I don't think you will be disappointed with either of them. They are both beauties.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I've never had junodi...but ezendami are interesting....they sit and hold their ground, like a Brachy...then with enough motivation, they may all at once explode in a burst of speed. But the only time you are going to be continuing to motivate them to move is during a re-house...so for daily maintenance, they either just sit there perfectly still, or they walk into their burrow (or they stay put within that burrow). Really easy to deal with and that propensity for bursts actually makes packing them or re-housing them really really easy.
Yeah, I figured if I can deal with an angry P.pulcher and E.murinus/cyanognathus or a P.muticus, I will be able to deal with these.
@Exoskeleton Invertebrates @YagerManJennsen thanks but you're not helping! :D jk ;)@creepa you're evil :eek: :rofl: