Attn: Oregon Tarantula Enthusiasts

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My family and I are finally fulfiling a dream to get off of Long Island and are moving to Salem Oregon in about two weeks.

Can I get some recommendations for local herp/invert shops in the area. Are there any worth hitting up? I'll be regularly traveling to Portland and Eugene on Business, so shops in these areas would interest me as well.

Also, If any of you are local to this area and breed or sell T's, feel free to reply or PM me to let me know what you have...

Thanks,
Scott

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yay another oregon invert lover :)
There's this really good pet shop in Portland on about 40th and Division called Tropical Hut. It's my fav pet store eevvveeeer. They actually know what they are doing and are experienced with tarantulas. I deffinately reccomend checking them out if you have the chance.

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think the best store I've been in is Critter Cabana in Newburg. They aren't big on tarantulas, but the ones they have are housed correctly. They have lots of fun reptiles and other exotics though. The times I've been there I've seen a kinkajou, a fennec fox, a coati mundi (sp?), as well as the more 'normal' hedgehogs and sugar gliders. They are definitely worth the check if you are in the area.

It will be good to welcome another Oregonian to the arachnoholic list! :D

If you are here by the 23rd, be sure to check out our biggest show:
www.uniqueanimalexpo.com

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
NorthWest inverts operates out of Forest Grove about an hour from Salem, but you have to email Dean first. Definately the Unique Animal Expo is THE show in Oregon for inverts. It is twice a year and I save up for it months in advance.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey cool! Another Oregon T keeper!
I have some stuff from time to time for sale. And I am only 30 minutes or less depending on traffic from that area.

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks to all of you for the leads and welcome....

DJThinK

Arachnopeon
Brand New

But I do live in Portland. I think I am going to try to make the Unique Animal Expo. Sounds like good times. Congrats on being, not from California, and movin here.....the true blue Oregonians, well appreciate you being from New York as opposed to the dreaded Big C.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
:zombie: <---- Just found out there's a zombie emoji. Perfect for threads that come back from the dead lol.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
:zombie: <---- Just found out there's a zombie emoji. Perfect for threads that come back from the dead lol.
Yeah. I’m notorious for looking up info and commenting on it. No need to make new threads if the old ones are out there.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
Any new sellers?
You probably already know of the two big ones over here near me. I got my last two slings from a couple out in Corvallis, I don't know if they have a business name or if they're on here but I can find out for you.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
You probably already know of the two big ones over here near me. I got my last two slings from a couple out in Corvallis, I don't know if they have a business name or if they're on here but I can find out for you.
I’m in Corvallis. My local here is animal house. If thats who you’re speaking of. I know PNW arachnids is out of Portland. They will do meet ups as well to curb shipping costs.

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
I’m in Corvallis. My local here is animal house. If thats who you’re speaking of. I know PNW arachnids is out of Portland. They will do meet ups as well to curb shipping costs.
I don't think that's them, I'll text them and pm you. I've dealt with pnwarachnids a couple of times, he's great. Twisted Silk Exotics I've bought from once, I'd be inclined to deal with them more if they had a website. I know you know of them, but just mentioning it for others reading this, they are on fb and you have to message them for a price list.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Yeah. PNW and twisted silk are the two bigger ones I know of. Bugs in cyberspace is out of Portland as well. I met a couple out of Lebanon, but they just disappeared. One of the main reasons I like to know what’s around, is because I basically refuse to pay shipping costs if they allow for a meet and pick up.

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
Totally. If I ever have to leave Oregon I will miss that part a lot. Pm me if you remember the names of that couple and I'll let you know if that's who I'm talking about. I'll let you know when they text me back.

Lizardfreak

Arachnopeon
I believe the couple in Lebanon sold most everything. I have a friend who met them and bought most of his stock. I’d like to know of others as well. I’m horrible about “saving” them off of Craigslist.

GrimDad

Arachnopeon
Also interested in any dealers in the Eugene area=] definitely going to PACNWRS next week in Hillsboro

Mike V

Arachnopeon
Hey cool! Another Oregon T keeper!
I have some stuff from time to time for sale. And I am only 30 minutes or less depending on traffic from that area.
do you still live in the area and sell Ts from time to time?