Attitude

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Just a bit I wanted to share.
As I mentioned in a previous post my B. smithi has a real attitude. He flicks hair ane always puts up a fuss when I work in his tank.
Well, yesterday, I was changing water and as I was moving his tank, the PetPal slipped from my hands. Luckily, I caught it, but everything was shaken and I was concerned for his safety. I removed the top to find him, almost undisturbed, but to be sure I picked him up. He was fine, but I found it quite amuzing as he continued to flick hairs while in my hand. You would think at that point he would figure the game was up, but he just kept going.
I was pleased to see that he didn't strike at me, which kinda outlines the boundaries, but he certainly wasn't afraid to lose some hair.
Ralph

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats funny. I dont know why but my G. rosea has an attitude. I think because she is larger and I am not too shure of her backround baggage last 3 to 5 yrs. When she decides to come out of her burrow, I hope she will be sweet and lovable without the attitude. Do they usually get irritable before a molt?

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Personally, I think you are crazy for allowing a spider to flick hairs all over you. I think it would kill me.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Not necessarily so. I don't know much about the affects t's hair have on human skin, but for some reason I have never experienced anything severe such as rash or hives from the hair. The worst that ever happened to me was a little itch for about 20 minutes. That brings me to a question. Is there such a thing as being immune to urticating hair, you know.... just like being immune to poison ivy, which is what I am =D :D

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
It doesnt seem to effect me anymore, but my new goliath is starting to make me itch a little.

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I like the way the hairs feel, I rarely get em tho.:8o

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
I like to stroke the hair on my curlys bum......No i dont......No, its purely platonic......NO YOU CANT!!

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ralph-

Is your B. smithi an immature? My old adult females almost never flick, and if they do it's sort of half-hearted. I also have 4 immatures, and they are flicking demons. Of course, they don't compare to my B. boehmei's. Their butt are so bare I think THEY should be called "baboon" spiders!

Wade