Attention when buying Theraphosa

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, that proves without a doubt that the one I bought today at the Daytona Breeders expo as a blondii is definitely not. I'll have to look again, but it's got light tarsals, I just don't remember if it's 4 or 8.
Guess I'm going to be sending a nasty-gram.

Ignore the link in my sig, I need to fix that.

jrw159

Arachnopeon
OK I was wondering about stuff like this as well. I thought the two looked pretty similar as well. I am sure interested to see how this unfolds so that I can be prepared when I decide to pull the trigger on one.

jrw159

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I remember seeing a thread awhile back where someone claimed stirmi are on average larger than blondi (unfortunately I don't remember which thread or who posted the the claim). Does anybody know anything about this?

basin79

ArachnoGod
My wife says I spoke too soon. Here’s a pic, maybe a senior keeper of the species can help me out.
Every time I try and pinch and zoom a pic it disappears. This is my female blondi at a similar age I'm guessing.

You'll not thank yourself if you get any hairs on your skin.

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Every time I try and pinch and zoom a pic it disappears. This is my female blondi at a similar age I'm guessing.

You'll not thank yourself if you get any hairs on your skin.
Oh, I’m aware of the conveniences. The tips of the feet on yours look quite a bit darker than on the pics I posted. Mine has a light tan color on the edges of its feet.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Oh, I’m aware of the conveniences. The tips of the feet on yours look quite a bit darker than on the pics I posted. Mine has a light tan color on the edges of its feet.
Blondi don't have pink toes. Stirmi have 4 and apop has all 8 feet pink I think as juvies.

Stirmi don't have hairy patella either as adults. Blondi do.

Last edited: