Attention Boston area keepers..

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
“We just received this extraordinarily rare species of tarantula. It has the head of a dog and the body of a dog. We’re not sure if its scientific name, but we’ve just decided to name it ‘Dog’. We’re looking for someone well versed in tarantulas to take care of Dog.”

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
"Tarantula care is not terribly difficult"
Yet it's on wood chips...:rofl:

Last edited:

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Man if I were in Boston I'd take her. Got a soft spot for porteri/rosea in bad situations. But seriously this article is wild. It's worded like tarantulas are this alien creature no one ever hears of or something.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
It's a G.rosea, the author felt obligated to say rare as an only option to get rid of a G.rosea as nobody deliberately buys one. Lol
Well I just bought a G. porteri! I've been looking for an adult female for a long time too. For years I haven't been able to find one unless it's a tiny sling. They're becoming much less common and more expensive nowadays.

Table

Arachnosquire
If I dodnt live so far away, you know I'd snach that beauty up right now.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
That's the idea. To have someone on this forum adopt this T. It would be in much better hands than if some random person off the street adopted it. Who wouldn't want a good sized G. rosea?
I found another poorly written news story last night. Apparently the T's name is Gwen.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Well I just bought a G. porteri! I've been looking for an adult female for a long time too. For years I haven't been able to find one unless it's a tiny sling. They're becoming much less common and more expensive nowadays.
I just bought a Bob Ross chia pet. 100$ says mine grows faster, eats better (water that is) and looks much better than your G.porteri. lol.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
You should read the whole article before you judge.
I did read the whole article. I appreciate they are trying to find a home for this abandoned T. But I wouldn't call a G. rosea rare. They are readily available.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I did read the whole article. I appreciate they are trying to find a home for this abandoned T. But I wouldn't call a G. rosea rare. They are readily available.
not like they used to. Export Clamp downs are driving the prices up. If it was in my area I'd go grab it, as I am guessing it is also free to cheap