Attempted LP sling escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
To the oP:
From a know it all: The only other name Brachypelma vagans has had ,at least for the last 20 years, was Euathlus vagans.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Hmmm odd my LP hasn't gotten away once i think their housing is your issue. Cause otherwise it wouldn't get away and gotten lost or almost got away.

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
To the oP:
From a know it all: The only other name Brachypelma vagans has had ,at least for the last 20 years, was Euathlus vagans.
Hmm. I didn't know that. You stick around this place a while and you learn something new. Thanks, Fran.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmm, never new that Fran....thanx for the history lesson...these things are good to know:)

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:)

Actually in Europe even in 1996 they were still calling them Euathlus
to the whole entire Brachy genus :)

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Once again the same whiners. THere are tons of people using Vegan and tons using Vagan online, on different forums. I never said Vegan was correct I simply used it. I told Redneck to prove Vagan is the way it's supposed to be used. Of course all his Arachno boyfriends come to his rescue.

None of you get the point. LIke I said, there are many people from Youtube ON THIS BOARD who use Vagan. I've watched their videos. Once again not saying who's right, but if you're hell bent on correcting me everytime I spell *vegan* then prove it.

I know it's hard for most of you to read and understand. I'll assist you anyway possible.

LMAO You people are classic.:wall:

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Once again the same whiners. THere are tons of people using Vegan and tons using Vagan online, on different forums. I never said Vegan was correct I simply used it. I told Redneck to prove Vagan is the way it's supposed to be used. Of course all his Arachno boyfriends come to his rescue.

None of you get the point. LIke I said, there are many people from Youtube ON THIS BOARD who use Vagan. I've watched their videos. Once again not saying who's right, but if you're hell bent on correcting me everytime I spell *vegan* then prove it.

I know it's hard for most of you to read and understand. I'll assist you anyway possible.

with that attitude You have a foot out the door on this board man.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=1772638&postcount=35

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Once again not saying who's right, but if you're hell bent on correcting me everytime I spell *vegan* then prove it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brachypelma_vagans

Here's your proof . Also , the genus is capitalized and not the species .
well DPS, i guess just about anyone can make a wiki article right? just like a youtube video, right? i like how when i type B. vegan in google it redirects me to B. vagans. huh, i wonder why?

shoot, i've got mislabled T i need to go correct now :wall:

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

If everyone here is so offensive to you, why do you stay?

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This thread is hilarious. Even if someone uses "vegan", it's still wrong. If someone called a cat, "cot", it would still be wrong. That's not what it is. It's a "cat". Just like a vagans is a vagans.

That B.vaginas post was funny as hell.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
I know you all think you're being terrible cute and clever when you dogpile onto a member that's just interested in making trouble, but you create A TON of extra work for us when you do that. Cut the crap... if there's a trolling post, report it and be done with it. Otherwise you're exposing that you enjoy drama and trolling just as much as they do.

Thanks.

-MrI

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Posting this here just in case.

Every scientific name has one correct spelling, and one only. (Why? ICZN Chapter 7, Article 32.) The correct spelling is Brachypelma vagans. Period. Why? Because the person who described this species (Anton Ausserer) spelled it this way: click here. (Note: it was described as an Eurypelma, but since has been moved to Brachypelma.) No matter how many years someone has been keeping tarantulas, how many thousand tarantulas they have <insert additional grandiose stuff>, if they spell it any other way than Brachypelma vagans, they are wrong.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.