Is there a plant that eats cats?

If yes, I wanna get two

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice.

Is there a plant that eats cats?

If yes, I wanna get two
Well, Nepenthes rajah and Nepenthes attenboroughii are big enough to eat a small cat, but it would probably manage to escape....cats being good climbers and all that.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Absolutely amazing photos! Award winning!

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm still waiting for them to create a plant that will actually come when you call it.

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm still waiting for them to create a plant that will actually come when you call it.
My pet rock would do that

I'd sit at the bottom of the driveway and call him

Mom would put him down at the top of the drievway and he'd roll down to me

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer

If you have never seen this then go and rent it . Unlike most of the silly 50's Sci-Fi that came out , this movie is actually clever and fairly well acted . It takes the flesh eating plant thing to whole new level .

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I read the title and thought you were talking about Plants vs Zombies! :}

Great pictures - I'm pretty jealous but not motivated enough to venture into the realm of carnivorous plants just yet.

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

If you have never seen this then go and rent it . Unlike most of the silly 50's Sci-Fi that came out , this movie is actually clever and fairly well acted . It takes the flesh eating plant thing to whole new level .
I have it, it's one of my favorite movies. ;)

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is my ignorance speaking: If you put one of those pitcher plants into a T's enclosure, would it know not to go inside? Would it wait near the mouth of the plant to wait for the insects that would be drawn to the nectar-y liquid? Or would the T try to take a drink of water and be ingested by the plant?

And do you put roaches into those plants?

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is my ignorance speaking: If you put one of those pitcher plants into a T's enclosure, would it know not to go inside? Would it wait near the mouth of the plant to wait for the insects that would be drawn to the nectar-y liquid? Or would the T try to take a drink of water and be ingested by the plant?

And do you put roaches into those plants?
Well, I think for the most part tarantulas would ignore the plant (although some SE asian arboreal species have been known to live in nepenthes pitchers) but could be captured if the accidentally fell in....especially the smaller ones.

I feed mine crickets, but roaches are definitly an option, and roaches are a natural prey item for some of these plants.

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The Day Of The Triffids! I read the novel when I was a kid, and I was completely creeped by it. That reminds me, I need to see the movie and see how it compares to a 9 year old's imagination. :eek::)

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very very cool pictures!

i have have always been fascinated by carnivorous plants but being that i cannot keep a simple houseplant alive, i gave up on that idea really quick.