ATS conference

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Are any of y'all planning to go to the ATS conference this year in New Mexico? We should have an Arachnopets get together if enough of us are going.

I'm unsure of the dates for it though. Is it the first or second weekend in June? Also, has anyone ever been before? What's the best hotel to stay in and what were your favorite activities?

Thanks,
Bridget

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If my exams don't conflict with the conference dates, my dad agreed to drive down with me. Im guessing well just split the driving 50/50. He wants to do some sight seeing on the way back anyways.

Id be interested also on the best places to go for accomidations and such.

Mark

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Bjorgly,

How long do you think it would take y'all to drive down there? We'd be coming from Memphis and I believe it will be about a 15 or 16 hr drive. I'd also like to do some sight-seeing afterwards, but knowing Rick he'd want to get straight home since we'll most likely have T's in the car with us.

Bridget

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No way we're missing it this year. Me, my wife and 2 boys are all attending. Last year, we planned the trip and all and then my band got a national tour which conflicted with the ATs dates. So, absolutely no way we're missing out again. We look foreward to meeting you guys in person! :)

Atrax

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Gee, that would be a long walk all the way from Holland ...
I will try to be there, but don't count on it.

Ðennis

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Scott or somebody should design some Arachnopets t-shirts that we can buy and wear during the conference, so we can identify each other. Just an idea and it would help with donations ;)

www.cafepress.com lets you upload designs for shirts, mugs, etc. and you set the price a little bit above theirs and you get the difference.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bridget
Are any of y'all planning to go to the ATS conference this year in New Mexico? We should have an Arachnopets get together if enough of us are going.

I'm unsure of the dates for it though. Is it the first or second weekend in June? Also, has anyone ever been before? What's the best hotel to stay in and what were your favorite activities?

Thanks,
Bridget
Its June 12th, 13th and 14th.
I will be there for sure. It is only about 6 hours for Phx. Az.. Lucky me.;)
I,m not sure of what theres to do there other than go to Carlsbad Caverns, But that alone is worth the trip. Well, along with the ATS. I've been to the caverns and its A Trip. Its the only place I know where you can be 800' deep in a cave looking down a 400' hole. Someone will have to hold my hand so I don't fall in.LOL :D

Ernie

tarantulakeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Funny how this question comes up during January. Has for the last three years on one list or another. I went in 1999, missed 2000, hated that I missed it so went in 2001, and last year. Generally, everyone gets together at the Quality Inn for socializing a couple of hours on Thursday night. Lots of pictures are taken and you get your name tags and agenda. Usually some people go out collecting that night. Then on Friday and Saturday during the day various people give talks. More collecting is done late afternoon and at night. There is usually a large pot luck on Friday night with cockroach races. I ended up with three lings 'cause my roach was fast! Then on Saturday night there is a smaller get together at the ATS house. Sunday is pretty much on your own and lots of people go to the Caverns.

Numerous places to stay. Many people stay at the Quality Inn as that is where John Hoke sets up his wares and that's the place to be. John's open until 10. Bring money. Several other dealers come also and they set up at the conference site. No one goes home empty handed.

Some drive in all the way from their home state. Some fly into El Paso then share a rental car. That's what I've done the past two years, sharing ride and room and collecting with Rhys Brigida. Quite a few members of arachnopets have been so maybe they'll fill in on things I've left out. Lots of things to buy and you can be as involved or not involved as you see fit. Big plus is the raffle. There were some awesome spiders given as prizes last year. Check the photos at the ATS website of 2001 and 2002. John

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wann go, and hopefully I will be off of probation by then...lol. That crap conflicts with everything. Blah. I should be off the month before if I am not mistaken, and if I do not have class or finals, I'm definately there. Just look for the 20 year old preaching to everyone and you'll find me! lol.

Marcus

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Shelby and I will be there again this year.
Last year we flew into ELP and rented a car. This year we may fly into ABQ instead.
We need to be economic, so we will be room and car sharing.
This year, we are planning on spending more time, since it's a long way to fly for just 2 full days.
I think we'll give ourselves 5-6 days total.
It's a complete blast...but it was hard to recognize people from boards and mailing lists.
We even found out after we came home that we had seen some people that we had chatted with, but didn't recognize each other.

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Would it be better for everyone if I wore my P. irminia on my head and Holly wore her fashionable sicsor-trim? :D

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians
Would it be better for everyone if I wore my P. irminia on my head and Holly wore her fashionable sicsor-trim? :D
hahahaha! That shirt went in the garbage..I already disrobed and danced around in the desert half naked being bitten by harvester ants last year...what would everyone think if I showed up in a cut up shirt??? LOL!!!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I live in New York, I WANT TO GO SO BAD. If anyone wants to travel with me , or meet me in El paso, or New Mexico, please contact me. Im new to this board,But If anybody wants to contact me , My email address is Philth@optonline.net. Im so sorry i missed the Conferance the last few years. Reading about it in the ATS forum every year after it happens ,makes me wish i was there. Thanks!

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
I'll definitely be there...I live just south of Albuquerque...
Peace,
Gillian

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: Re: ATS conference

Originally posted by MrT
Its June 12th, 13th and 14th.
I,m not sure of what theres to do there other than go to Carlsbad Caverns, But that alone is worth the trip. Ernie

Beer. Lots and lots of beer.

Bd
;P

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Has anyone here eaten at the Firehouse? (in Carlsbad) I had Prime Rib there, and was able to cut it with just my fork..Mmmmmm...
Ernie..When last I went to Carlsbad, I had my foot in a cast, so was only able to do the "wimpy" tour. I was dying to see Slaughter Cave, as well as to take the Natural Entrance. Also, there was yet another tour, where the entrance had you crawling through most of it..
Peace,
Gillian