astraldisaster's picture thread

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

G. pulchra, female. She was missing a leg when I got her a few months ago...can't wait to see her after a molt!

G. pulchra, male

H. lividum, unsexed

B. smithi, female

C. cyaneopubescens, female

A. geniculata, unsexed

G. pulchripes, female (though I was deceived into thinking she was E. campestratus when I bought her!)​

Raven9464

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow! You've got some beautiful T's ! I especially like the H. lividum. That one is definately on my wish list =)

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

A. metallica, female

B. albopilosum

G. rosea RCF, female

GBB female, premolt (pics of her new skin to come soon)

C. darlingi, female

P. striata, female

A. versicolor​

Last edited:

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

P. metallica, 2.5" female. Far from amazing photos, but she's not easy to get a good shot of.​

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A. geniculata finally molted!

I wish I'd taken a picture of how fat it was looking before. (S)he is much prettier now!​

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

G. pulchripes (She could use a little fattening up after her last molt!)

P. ornata, ~1.75"

P. murinus, ~1.5"

C. cyaneopubescens legs...will get a proper shot of her soon.​

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice! I like your pictures, especially the P. murinus shots

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks! I should have some much better shots once I get a new camera...these were all taken with a five-year-old point & shoot that doesn't quite cut it most of the time.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

L. violaceopes, female, ~4"​

Optic

Arachnopeon
Nice work buddy, How easy are Chile rose and Curly haired spiders handled? Like i've had mine 5 days now and i want to get him or her out properly for a few minutes

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks...those two species are usually handled pretty easily. There are some mean rosies, but as long as you don't have one of those (and you will know if you do by the threat poses and generally defensive attitude) it should be fine. The safest way to do it is to gently nudge them into a small container with a paintbrush or similar object, then onto your hand from there. If they're getting really agitated or defensive, then abort mission and leave them alone. It's also a good idea to sit on a carpeted floor while doing this, to minimize the potential for injury in case of a fall. My slings are generally more skittish and jumpy, therefor harder to handle as they dive back into their burrows at the slightest disturbance. They'll probably get bolder as they grow.

Optic

Arachnopeon
Ah cheers buddy, mine still hasn't molted.. I don't think, it sits under it's plant pot for ages.. and comes out very rarely. I don't know what it's doing, it came out for like 2 seconds, sat on the plant pot and slowly went back inside the pot

ezberserk

Arachnopeon
Great shots of the immanis molting! I bet it's looking gorgeous right about now :D

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I really like the molting sequence.
Xenesthis are by far my favorite species to keep.
Nice collection:D

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Xenesthis immanis, almost 48 hours post-molt and looking good:

And, its next-door neighbor Acanthoscurria geniculata (they share a tarantulahomes.com split tank).

I really can't wait to get a better camera. And actually learn a thing or two about photography.​

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Thanks, guys!

I really like the molting sequence.
Xenesthis are by far my favorite species to keep.
Nice collection:D
This is my first Xenesthis, and I freakin' love it! They're so unique.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You'll fall in love with them:D
Is that the first time it is showing color?
Wait til it gets bigger:D