astraldisaster's picture thread

arachna-nono

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OMG... That P. metallica is freaking GORGEOUS! I keep getting told that I need to get one, and now I'm thinking that's true!

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OMG... That P. metallica is freaking GORGEOUS! I keep getting told that I need to get one, and now I'm thinking that's true!
Haha, yes! You do need one. I know some say they're overrated or not worth the ridiculous price, but I don't know...they're pretty awesome IMO. I'd like to breed them eventually once I get some experience under my belt.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Very nice P. metallica:D
How big is it?
Thanks! She's somewhere between 3.5 and 4", I believe. I might rehouse her once she hardens up, so hopefully I'll get some good shots of her then.

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nhandu chromatus:

Avicularia sp. Peru purple:

New Grammostola pulchra juvenile female:

Quite the fatty!​

Last edited:

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My big female Avicularia metallica molted about 10 days ago. I can't believe how much more vibrant and blue she looks now!

And, as luck would have it, I just found her a boy toy!

The pet store I work at got a spider shipment in, which contained an A. metallica in heavy premolt. Turns out it was a penultimate male, who molted early this morning and is now mature. :D

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Nice pics! Beautiful A. metallica. Nice find with the male. :D

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks, Advan! I really like this A. metallica male, so I hope my female doesn't make a snack of him when the time comes.

X. immanis molted, and I'm pretty sure it's a boy. :\

He's looking darn good, though, I must say.

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks! Chad, she's awesome. Thanks again. :)

I have some spider pics I keep forgetting to edit and post, but in the meantime here are the newest additions to my menagerie...

Baby sandfire beardie:

Emerald tree boa (4-year-old male):