Assistance please, Aisle 3!

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
Hello fine folks! I went to go check on my slings for some feeding times, noticed today collected quite a bit of humidity in all of their vials. Is it too much? Should I rehouse all of them into dry sub? I’ve put them all into a more “open” environment to help clear it up a bit and dry it out.

Am I overthinking it?

Attachments

Crazyarachnoguy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
I’d just make sure it dries out after a couple days. If not poke some holes in the sides of it, that should do the trick.

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
Thanks folks!

Update: was able to get some cross ventilation in the deli cup.

Unfortunately with the other 4 I could only poke more holes in the top. The actual vial is thicker plastic. I could melt them, but I’d have to move the slings out. Any other ideas or are my only 2 options moving them to deli cups or melting holes?

I could also drill the holes, I have a tiny bit for that, but I don’t want the shavings to go into the enclosure.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I know it's a pain, but it'll be better for the slings if you take them out and fix their enclosures. Nobody likes to stress them out, but they'll do a lot better overall.

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
I know it's a pain, but it'll be better for the slings if you take them out and fix their enclosures. Nobody likes to stress them out, but they'll do a lot better overall.
Okay, then I’ll do it 👍🏻 Thank you buddy.

Well they aren’t anything pretty to look at, and now I have some angry slings, but the cross ventilation operation was a success.

Had to add some tape to poke through because some of the holes were a bit too large.

Also of all 5, the p cam and the gbb were surprisingly the best behaved and most agreeable lol.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cross vent, don’t be fooled by their sling behavior.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Hi, there's a slight risk they could get a leg stuck on the tape. It has happened to keepers and the t ends up losing a leg.

Just peel it off, plug the hole with a little wad of tissue and tape back over. Job done!

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
Hi, there's a slight risk they could get a leg stuck on the tape. It has happened to keepers and the t ends up losing a leg.

Just peel it off, plug the hole with a little wad of tissue and tape back over. Job done!
Oof okay I’ll have to do this later today. I’ll have my wife go check on them throughout the day.

cold blood

Staff member
i can tell you without a doubt that a condiment cup is a better home than a vial....easier to vent and more floor space....over dampening in a vial can be a death sentence.

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
i can tell you without a doubt that a condiment cup is a better home than a vial....easier to vent and more floor space....over dampening in a vial can be a death sentence.
should i just switch them all over then? The T Albo is in the condiment cup. the vials house an A Chalcodes, a G Pulchripes, a GBB and a P Cambridgei.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
more vent and add less water. In winter when artificial heat comes into play, moisture will leech out of the soil and then stick to vial as droplets. You can also just open each cap and let it breathe while you run security, but additional holes would help

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
more vent and add less water. In winter when artificial heat comes into play, moisture will leech out of the soil and then stick to vial as droplets. You can also just open each cap and let it breathe while you run security, but additional holes would help
More ventilation than I already added? Would it just be easier to rehouse the 4 in vials? I could do 2 of them in deli cups and the gbb and p cam in boxes that are a bit larger so they have some room to web.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
More ventilation than I already added? Would it just be easier to rehouse the 4 in vials? I could do 2 of them in deli cups and the gbb and p cam in boxes that are a bit larger so they have some room to web.
I was going off the initial pix. New ones should be fine

cold blood

Staff member
should i just switch them all over then? The T Albo is in the condiment cup. the vials house an A Chalcodes, a G Pulchripes, a GBB and a P Cambridgei.
thats what i would do.

The cam though, that should go right into a 16 or 32oz deli cup...they eat well and grow fast, so more space is not only not an issue, its beneficial.

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
Updated the enclosures! Here’s where we’re at. The A Chalcodes and the G Pulchripes are in the deli cups with their T Albo buddy, and the GBB and P Cam are in the 37oz (closest I had to 32oz delis) containers. Please advise if I set them up incorrectly!

The GBB will be going in the one with 2 plants (didn’t have any sticks handy for anchors) and the P Cam is in the one with the corkbark sticking upwards.

Attachments