Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Asian Forest Scorpion Temperatures

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Hannahs Herps, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Hannahs Herps

Hannahs Herps Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    Hi all, I just recently bought a little tiny scorpling Asian Forest Scorpion (I assume H. spinifer). I have far more experience with tarantulas than scorpions so I was hoping id be able to find some answers here.

What is an okay temperature for this scorpion? At this moment, my room is about 20 degrees C and when i went to check up on the little guy this morning, he was very sluggish and took quite a while to respond to my nudges (wanting to make sure he was okay as he hadnt eaten last night) Its only about 2nd instar

All of my tarantulas are fine at this temperature so I didnt think anything of it until this morning

2. Abu Bakr

Abu Bakr Arachnopeon Active Member

Around 25 C to 30 C is perfect. I keep my 2nd instar H. Laoticus in between that temperature and it's doing perfectly fine.

They are nocturnal so of course they tend to be quite sluggish in the morning. You should observe them at night when they're a lot more active and exploring their enclosure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.