Asian Forest Scorpion random questions for the pros.

xxscorpionxx

Arachnopeon
I am a past reptile owner and now a proud owner of an Asian Forest Scorpion. After searching this forum and surfing the web, I still have a few unanswered questions.

1. How long can I leave a cricket in with the scorp? I have read about crickets eating a molting scorpion, now i'm a little paranoid.

2. How long should I wait to begin feeding after bringing home a new scorp?

3. Is it okay to expose the scorp by removing it's hide for feeding or is this unnecessary stress?

4. How should I moisten "Eco Earth" coconut fiber substrate. I have tried misting and pouring water. Here is what I am left with:

Attachments

ScorpionObsession

Arachnosquire
leave food in overnight, if not eaten remove.
About the substrate. you must pour water into the substrate and mix it in to where all levels of the substrate are pretty moist. after that you then only have to spray once a week. sometimes more.
And you can offer a scorpion food right away if it hasn't eaten in a while if not give it a week. I offer my scorpions food once a week. if they refuse I try again next week. they sometimes fast for months.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
For #3, its best not to remove the hide, over time it will stress the scorpion as you said

Let him have his safe-zone where he feels secure ;)

xxscorpionxx

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the replies everyone. I brought my new friend home last night. He spend a couple of hours hiding but has been pretty active ever since digging holes and exploring.

Pipa

Arachnoknight
Have fun with the new critter ... Asian Forest Scorpions are a lot of fun.

G

Gage Phillips

Guys I got a problem of my own, I own 2 sub adult Asian forest scorpions, both have blotches of brown crap, almost like a fungus on their exoskeleton. I've done research on afflictions to scorpions and nothing seems to match what they have. Any thoughts or advice

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Guys I got a problem of my own, I own 2 sub adult Asian forest scorpions, both have blotches of brown crap, almost like a fungus on their exoskeleton. I've done research on afflictions to scorpions and nothing seems to match what they have. Any thoughts or advice
Highlighted the most likely explanation in your quote, give them a few days and they'll likely clean themselves up!
They can be quite messy sometimes... the feces are usually white but can be brown/white too