Asian forest scorpion not eating

Scottlloyd735

Arachnopeon
I have had an Asian forest scorpion for almost 2 weeks now, it hides all day and comes out at night like normal, I drop a locust in the tank with it and its not bothered about eating it, I drop one in almost every night, I try to drop a mealworm in too and it's still not phased? Please can someone tell me a way to feed it other thank just dropping in and hoping? The enclosure is 24c and around 70% humidity so all is fine I just want it to eat

cold blood

Staff member
If it's plump and well-fed, it may not want or need food until after next month's.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Raise the temperature to 28/30 C. Remove all uneaten feeders, especially the mealworm, and leave the scorpion to settle. It may take a month or more to properly settle and eat, but raising the temperature will help.24 is at the lower end of the temperature range.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Don't know how far removed from it's native haunts and biological clock your scorp is, but around these parts it's the start of the rainy season when they are far more interested in romance than food..

Scottlloyd735

Arachnopeon
Don't know how far removed from it's native haunts and biological clock your scorp is, but around these parts it's the start of the rainy season when they are far more interested in romance than food..
Thanks for the reply, I live in Wales, so pretty far but thanks for the help i do appreciate it

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
I believe that this species hs a slower metabolism so I doubt that it needs all this extra food.