Asian forest scorpion lump

arachnico

Arachnopeon
After my asian forest scorpion arrived, I noticed this large lump in the side of its body. Does anyone know what it is, and if it could be detrimental? The scorpion still eats, luckily, but only when im not around and i drop a cricket in with it. ouchscorp.jpg

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
After my asian forest scorpion arrived, I noticed this large lump in the side of its body. Does anyone know what it is, and if it could be detrimental? The scorpion still eats, luckily, but only when im not around and i drop a cricket in with it. View attachment 404487
It should be fine it is probably a hernia they are often seen in Pandininae, Heterometrinae, and Hadogenes.

arachnico

Arachnopeon
It looks like it’s adult, so in that case it won’t molt anymore.
Right, I was hoping he had one more molt left in him, but I understood he was probably mature. I guess I can't hope the dent on his claw goes away, but hopefully the hernia does after some weeks or months.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Right, I was hoping he had one more molt left in him, but I understood he was probably mature. I guess I can't hope the dent on his claw goes away, but hopefully the hernia does after some weeks or months.
Don't overfeed it to avoid stressing the membranes in between the plates.