Asian forest scorpion ID

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I'm still on the learning curve here but it appears to be Silenus.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
I'm still on the learning curve here but it appears to be Silenus.
It’s not silenus. There’s too much granulation on the chelae and carapace.

I think this is not a Heterometrinae, but a Pandininae. I’m not good with Pandininae besides P. imperator, so I can’t tell you what it is.
@Collin Clary ?

BadDen

Arachnopeon
Accorpding to punctuation of chelae, I think it is Javanimetrus cyaneus

Is the tip of the aculeus ("sting") cutted?

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Accorpding to punctuation of chelae, I think it is Javanimetrus cyaneus
J. cyaneus typically has a reddish telson though. This one is nearly black. Also the granulation on the rest of the body doesn’t seem to match.
I don’t think it’s J. cyaneus. As I said, probably some Pandininae that I’m less familiar with.

Is the tip of the aculeus ("sting") cutted?
It looks like it is.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
It’s not silenus. There’s too much granulation on the chelae and carapace.

I think this is not a Heterometrinae, but a Pandininae. I’m not good with Pandininae besides P. imperator, so I can’t tell you what it is.
@Collin Clary ?
pedipalp shape seems to diagnose pandininae aswell, I've noticed they all have the fat claws.

BadDen

Arachnopeon
J. cyaneus typically has a reddish telson though. This one is nearly black. Also the granulation on the rest of the body doesn’t seem to match.
I don’t think it’s J. cyaneus. As I said, probably some Pandininae that I’m less familiar with.
Hmm, as for me it looks similar to photos from Prendini et al., 2020 Heterometrinae revision. I extracted pages from this work, please take a look.

Attachments

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Hmm, as for me it looks similar to photos from Prendini et al., 2020 Heterometrinae revision. I extracted pages from this work, please take a look.
Although the chelae look fairly similar, some of the other characteristics don’t seem to match up. I hope @Collin Clary can chime in.

Silver macaroons

Arachnopeon
I was able to ask the person I got him from and apparently he was sold as a Silenus but I don't know if he came from a reputable breeder or a questionable pet store.
I'll add some more pictures if that helps. 20220116_224313.jpg 20220116_233743.jpg