Asian forest scorpion enclosure

batvenom112

Arachnopeon
I’m thinking of getting my brother an Asian forest scorpion and I can only buy the scorpion and some other things for it. I did some research about Asian forest husbandry and I was thinking of using a container that’s been in my basement for a long time. Its 13”x 11”x 6”. I don’t know how big the scorpion is but is this too big for any type and size scorpion? I’ll also definitely add holes for ventilation. image.jpg

Last edited:

MallShoggoth

Arachnosquire
I don't think it's too big, it's going to depend on the age/size of the scorpion

Wolfe5467

Arachnopeon
The height could be a little more as you should put a deep amount of substrate in so they can burrow but I'd say it is a decent size for a juvenile to adult Exo terra faunarium are a decent cheap enclosure for an upgrade. XD

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
it's the wrong shape. Too short for an adult, and too wide for a baby. Maybe okay (barely) for a few smaller juveniles living communally.

You want to make sure it can burrow comfortably underground and still have enough room to walk around on the surface. For an adult you'll want at least a good 4-6 inches of substrate depth and a few inches of walking around space up top. Burrowing space is more important than walking-around space in many ways, because they tend to spend a lot of time underground.