Asian Forest (Ignoring Dubias)

xrowdac

Arachnopeon
hi guys. im fairly new to AFS...just wondering.. my scorpion has not eaten for a while..roughly 3-weeks... i had place small dubia roaches 10mm size... and nothing is happening its still alive with my scorpion... wondering if its okay..seems his ignoring the dubia..

Appreciate if someone can help.. thanks to all. IMG_20190725_174905_1.jpg

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
It can go many weeks/months without food.
The warmer the temps the better feeding response ull get

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
Plus, this may or may not be the issue but when I switched my scorpions over from crickets to dubias it took them a few months before they would actually eat the dubias. It's like they couldn't figure out they were food. It took a combination of hand feeding with tongs, putting wounded ones in there and time for mine to make the switch.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Dubias trigger a very very poor feeding response. They burrow and often times I find them snuggled up inside the scorpions hide never to be eaten... use something that wont climb or burrow. I.e. large crickets or roaches. Preferably red runners. They're by far the best in my opinion they're like a cricket that cant hop

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
It is also mating time. The peak of the season. Their biological clocks have them thinking of other things besides dinner.
Also, please keep in mind, they are SERIOUSLY PHOTOPHOBIC. Being in the light at all may whack out a feeding response, possibly for days. A scorp in the light around here = myna feast.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Three weeks? A nothing. Once my 'pede (Asian; S.subspinipes) disappeared, obviously without eating, for almost four months :pompous:

xrowdac

Arachnopeon
wow.. A LOT LEARNED guys... appreciate it ...... WHAT about say.. putting a adult MALE dubia with wings.. any ideas?

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
Interestingly enough, the male dubias with the wings were the only kind my scorpions would eat in the beginning. The only thing about the males is that they don't eat the wings so eventually you'll have to get in there and clean them up yourself (along with that bony plate behind their head).

xrowdac

Arachnopeon
Interestingly enough, the male dubias with the wings were the only kind my scorpions would eat in the beginning. The only thing about the males is that they don't eat the wings so eventually you'll have to get in there and clean them up yourself (along with that bony plate behind their head).
thanks Frankie.. will try it.. coz its really hard for me to get crickets or superworms.. but i do have a good colony of dubias that is used for my chameleon. so i was really bum out..my scorpion is ignoring it.:sorry: