Asian Forest funny activity. Sex / Age

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Purchased this Asian forest and the arachnid guy at reptile store says he thinks it might be male and fully grown. But I've read these get a bit bigger then what he is now. . Hese pretty slender has never molted in my care. but eats 1 or 2 crickets once if not twice a week.
I've redone his enclosure twice over the passed 2 months or so. "Making it more suitable) as I've become more knowledgeable on what he should need.

Sometimes he burrows down In to his hole sometimes hese under his hide. BUT every single day he is relentless on trying to escape. He climbs ont top of his fake plants and hangs upside from the lid... minutes later he falls off and tries again
He will do this for hours at a time and give up??? Is this normal or does he not like his home

Attachments

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
what are the tempature a and humidity at? It's usually normal for them to roam like that when you first get them or after remodeling. But I highly recommend not having it so he can climb to the lid as a fall can seriously injure it

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
At the moment I don't have meters to read the temp in the room. He has a heat pad on one side and during the night a heat lamp because I live in SoCal so it gets pretty cold at night. I feel like he tries to get closer to the heat lamp. But I will definitely remove an inch or 2 of substrate. And probably use a not so bulky hide

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
try to keep the tempature in the 80s and humidity around 75-85% substrate should be moist but not soaked that when you press down a bunch of water comes out. 3-5 inches would probably be good for it to burrow, also a heat lamp tends to dry out substrate pretty fast

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yea his substrate is definitely moist but not overdone. I mist it twice a day and I only run the lamp at night . So I do the best I can to keep it humid. I need to cover most of the ventilation on the lid. Because it does require hold humidity long

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Sounds like you have the right conditions, just make sure he can't climb and he should calm down in a week or so, you might want to invest in a 10 gallon tank so you can have plenty of substrate and he can't reach the top

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yea bigger tank seems to be the overall solution I'll see what I can do down the line. Gotta make space for it