Asian Birdeating Tarantula?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK.. First.. I hate common names..... Hate them!
I dont have a picture... I dont have a description of the spider.. So basically.. Im not sure of anything on the spider..

Heres the situation.. Someone is selling a Asian Birdeating Tarantula for $40 on Craigslist...

1) Is that a Haplopelma sp. common name?
2) Is that a good price if it is a Haplo. sp.?

Thats basically all I am wanting to know.. I know you cant say if the spider is really a Haplo or anything else.. Without a picture.. I was just curious about the name...

Thanks..

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
OK.. First.. I hate common names..... Hate them!
I dont have a picture... I dont have a description of the spider.. So basically.. Im not sure of anything on the spider..

Heres the situation.. Someone is selling a Asian Birdeating Tarantula for $40 on Craigslist...

1) Is that a Haplopelma sp. common name?
2) Is that a good price if it is a Haplo. sp.?

Thats basically all I am wanting to know.. I know you cant say if the spider is really a Haplo or anything else.. Without a picture.. I was just curious about the name...

Thanks..
any idea on how big i mean iam paying 15 dollars for a 3-4 inch female h. longipes from pet center usa but is your coming with set up is it bigger i could probably try to help you out man ya know but it does sound like one of the hapos> asian birdeating T< but hey good luck man

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A few I came up with for common names from searches.

Cyriopagopus paganus

Haplopelma longipes

Ornithoctonus aureotibialis

Haplopelma minax

Other than that, I can't help. But I tried. Hope you get a good ID.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK.. Well I only came up with Haplo. sp. when I googled it.. Might have to run & look at it...

Thanks for the help... :)

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OK.. Well I only came up with Haplo. sp. when I googled it.. Might have to run & look at it...

Thanks for the help... :)
Doesn't matter what it is. You knew you were going to look at it & we know you'll probably come home with it :p

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:D :D take pictures if you go to look at it!! I can't wait to see what it is.... :p

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Doesn't matter what it is. You knew you were going to look at it & we know you'll probably come home with it :p
Actually.. Its about a 2 hour drive to pick it up.. So just to go and look at it seems a tad pointless... I emailed the guy for a picture & other information.. We shall see what happens.. :D

If its a female Chilobrachys sp... I am hoping for a C. huahini.. {D

Either way.. If he send me a picture I will show y'all for further inspection.. :} I will also let you know if I decide to get it or not.. :D

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll keep my fingers crossed it's a Chilobrachys :D

Planning on ordering a C. fimbriatus myself this week.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
redneck good i know the suspense i killing me iam sure others as well any news? :drool:

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tommy, Oops, I guess I'm a bit late but hopefully you can talk them down to 10 or less after a two hour drive {D. I don't know firsthand how tough it is to id these Haplopelma but see queries with fairly good accompanying photos on identification of Haplos, along with other close-resembling genera, go unanswered on this board all the time. Good luck. Terry

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tommy, Oops, I guess I'm a bit late but hopefully you can talk them down to 10 or less after a two hour drive {D. I don't know firsthand how tough it is to id these Haplopelma but see queries with fairly good accompanying photos on identification of Haplos, along with other close-resembling genera, go unanswered on this board all the time. Good luck. Terry
Yeah.. I understand you cant get a 100% ID or there is a chance that it goes unidentified.. But thats no worries.. If I cant figure out what it is then it will be my pet whatever.. LoL.. As far as the drive.. I am trying to find an excuse to get up towards Dallas anyways.. I want to go to "The Container Store"! So it really wouldnt be a wasted trip... :D
i was thinking C huahini.
Lets hope thats what it is... :D Seeing that my male matured yesterday... :D
The common name for C. huahini is Asian Fawn. Would be nice though.
Do you really want some baby huahini? They are great! :D My male went from1" maybe 2" at the most.. I cant right remember.. But it went 1-2" to mature in a matter of 3 months.. I got it on 5-7-10... They grow super fast..

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
you know something i would hate to be the one to say this but wouldnt it be messed up if its a mm rose hair and its only got like a week left man that would suck;P