Feedback Request Asia-Pacific Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
We currently have regional forums for Canada and Europe only for the discussion of topics relevant to those regions and only by users residing in those regions.

For users in the "Asia-Pacific" region, would you be interested in a similar regional forum? (only for the discussion of topics relevant to the Asia-Pacific region)

Ronel Chaco Golden

Arachnopeon
We currently have regional forums for Canada and Europe only for the discussion of topics relevant to those regions and only by users residing in those regions.

For users in the "Asia-Pacific" region, would you be interested in a similar regional forum? (only for the discussion of topics relevant to the Asia-Pacific region)
Im interested and Im from the Philippines

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Sounds like a plan, i rarely visit outside the main part of the boards (media gallery and regular threads) so a dedicated regional area might be nice

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
A number of thoughts immediately passed through Phineas's ruined brain...
1. AB admins call. They will have to police the area. Remembering when a hospital added an entire new wing but forgot to check with the already overworked housekeeping staff.
2. Diversity as always nice. Exclusivity not so much. Wondering what the Cantonese cockroach cross dressers in crisis take on this is. Will they finally get equal representation?
3. Uhh err, which language will predominate?? English, Cantonese, Hainanese, Hakka, Hokchew, Hokkien, Indonesian, Malayalam, Mandarin Chinese, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Aklanon, Central Bikol, Cebuano, Chavacano, Hiligaynon, Ibanag, Ilocano, Ivatan, Kapampangan, Kinaray-a, Andamanese, Papuan languages, Tasmanian, Kusunda, Nihali, Australian, Vedda, various Negrito languages. Vietnamese norther or southern, the 80-90 languages spoken in Laos............

What? You were expecting some sort of normal comprehensible answer? From me??

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
1. AB admins call. They will have to police the area. Remembering when a hospital added an entire new wing but forgot to check with the already overworked housekeeping staff.
2. Diversity as always nice. Exclusivity not so much. Wondering what the Cantonese cockroach cross dressers in crisis take on this is. Will they finally get equal representation?
3. Uhh err, which language will predominate?? English, Cantonese, Hainanese, Hakka, Hokchew, Hokkien, Indonesian, Malayalam, Mandarin Chinese, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Aklanon, Central Bikol, Cebuano, Chavacano, Hiligaynon, Ibanag, Ilocano, Ivatan, Kapampangan, Kinaray-a, Andamanese, Papuan languages, Tasmanian, Kusunda, Nihali, Australian, Vedda, various Negrito languages. Vietnamese norther or southern, the 80-90 languages spoken in Laos............

My favourite part of this response is that Australian is included as a language of its own :rofl:

The Snark

Old Timer
My favourite part of this response is that Australian is included as a language of its own
Lets be honest, Chaucerian is closer to modern English than whatever the heck it is spoken at outback stations. Or 'Oy moite! Anna buy a alfoil?'

Last edited:

Bubblez

Arachnopeon

Yes please this would be fantastic! As much as i love reading and learning about t's around the world, in Australia the general t knowledge is limited, for the most part atleast. 😁👍

Stuart Ong

Arachnopeon

Of course that will at least give a separate category for us keepers in this part of the hemisphere.
Being here in the subtropical area of Hong Kong, we have unique weather quiet different from the true tropics of other Asian countries never mind the northern hemisphere of the Americas and Europe.
Area specific husbandry will give us a more nuisance aspect of their long term captive requirements.
I will find it most helpful if that was to happen.
Thank you for your attention

DARAPTOR

Arachnopeon

It would be good to have a forum for us but I agree with the language barrier. Most people from Asia can't speak English, and not to mention, this might be too much for Arachnoboards to handle.

The Snark

Old Timer
It would be good to have a forum for us but I agree with the language barrier. Most people from Asia can't speak English, and not to mention, this might be too much for Arachnoboards to handle.
And I barely touched on the Sino-Tibetan Austroasiatic and Austronesian language groups.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I’m not a member of that region, but unless it is just a classifieds section, having members blocked out of areas prevents the spread of of knowledge, which seems counterintuitive to what arachnoboards is here for. It would be sad if it became harder to find information on all the species in that region because all the good threads are in an area of the boards that only certain members are allowed to access. :(

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
I'm not really too sure. I agree with others on here, the admins will have a lot more work to do and yeah, what language would be used? I'd say English should be the only language even if its asia-pacific. I'm fine though helping people with their Scorpion questions no matter what part of the world they live in!

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Couple of points:
  • Arachnoboards is an English language forum and will continue to be one. If a user does not speak English, they can use Google translate to post.
  • There are already regional forums (Canada and Europe). These forums (and the Asia-Pacific forum, if created) are not for general information. They are only for the dissemination of information that is only RELEVANT to that geographic area. For example:
    • New regulation on keeping Poecilotheria in Jakarta would go in the Asia Pacific forum.
    • New scoprion species being discovered in Perth would still go in the scopions forum.
Hope that clarifies things for users. Thanks for all the feedback so far, please keep it coming.

Last edited:

The Snark

Old Timer
Couple of points:
  • Arachnoboards is an English language forum and will continue to be one. If a user does not speak English, they can use Google translate to post.
  • There are already regional forums (Canada and Europe). These forums (and the Asia-Pacific forum, if created) are not for general information. They are only for the dissemination of information that is only RELEVANT to that geographic area. For example:
    • New regulation on keeping Poecilotheria in Jakarta would go in the Asia Pacific forum.
    • New scoprion species being discovered in Perth would still go in the scopions forum.
Something to that effect should be in the header of the foreign forums if it isn't already. "These forums (and the Asia-Pacific forum, if created) are not for general information. They are only for the dissemination of information that is only RELEVANT to that geographic area."

Fafa

Arachnopeon

Yes please! 😁 I'm from indonesia

FOOBU

Arachnopeon

Yes! This would be awesome.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Something to that effect should be in the header of the foreign forums if it isn't already. "These forums (and the Asia-Pacific forum, if created) are not for general information. They are only for the dissemination of information that is only RELEVANT to that geographic area."
1586504546207.png

9tails

Arachnopeon

Yes I'd be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.