Feedback Request Asia-Pacific Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abexoskeleton

Arachnopeon
We currently have regional forums for Canada and Europe only for the discussion of topics relevant to those regions and only by users residing in those regions.

For users in the "Asia-Pacific" region, would you be interested in a similar regional forum? (only for the discussion of topics relevant to the Asia-Pacific region)
Yes please, that might be helpful for discussions specific to the region. And I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia.

KevinLovett86

Arachnopeon
I think it would be great for everyone living in their original territories, but I have to agree with the language argument since I’m not native here, just like my T’s, I’m imported

by all means, do the regional thing, but also provide an option to choose which side we wanna be on

Pa Uchok

Arachnopeon
I'm based in Vietnam, and would find this useful. Thanks for raising the possibility.

Dabugboi

Arachnopeon
We currently have regional forums for Canada and Europe only for the discussion of topics relevant to those regions and only by users residing in those regions.

For users in the "Asia-Pacific" region, would you be interested in a similar regional forum? (only for the discussion of topics relevant to the Asia-Pacific region)
Yeah, id be interested (from Australia)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Ok so that means if there is a new species found in Europe we wouldn't know? Maybe? Yes?
Something like a new species being found should be posted in the general forums, not the regional forums. As I stated regional forums are ONLY for posts that are ONLY relevant to that geographic area.

Examples:
  • New tarantula species discovered in Spain - gets posted in Tarantula questions and discussions
  • New law in Spain against keeping tarantulas and what Europeans can do to fight it - Gets posted in European forum or Tarantula questions and discussions

bumble12

Arachnopeon

I'm an Australian and quite happy with the idea of a more regional area of the forum, but the 'Asia/Pacific' region is huge and incredibly diverse in terms of species and climate, as well as cultures and language so it's kinda hard to imagine how that would work.
I'm up for the idea though.
I'm happy to be part of any more localised conversations. 🕷🕷

AuroraAustralis

Arachnopeon
Another Aussie here, it'd be great to have a place where we can discuss things that are more specific to us.

I often find it difficult to get the information I need for Australian invertebrates, and wouldn't really know who or where to ask my questions since I'm fairly new on here.

It'd be great to get some updates from anyone who knows what's going on with the changing of tarantula genera, and subjects of that nature, even if it's not in a new, regional forum.

nyxtante

Arachnopeon
Yes its good to have regional forums because different countries have different climates and temps and humidities. Like here in the Philippines we have a hot climate through out the year and we want to know tips on how to maintain the temps and humidities in enclosures through experiences of other fellow keeper here

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Something in keeping with this diversification that has so far been weak and lacking on AB in general. The country or at the least region every person is in to avoid confusion as well as reduce unnecessary posts should be mandatory. How many thousands of posts are on AB making some inquiry where the person has to be asked where they are before the question can be properly addressed? -> I found this spider. What is it? (insert picture of a generic looking black Latrodectus)

Fangyouverymuch

Arachnopeon

Yes, I'm in Japan and that would be nice.

Harmonicon

Arachnoknight

That would be great. I don't live there, but I visit sometimes.

SekiryuuHiro

Arachnopeon

I would love for it to happen i'm from Philippines also and i think it is much convenient for us who reside in Asia to have a similar regional forum

p.estudillo

Arachnopeon

I'd say that wouldn't be a bad idea. :)

kairenstarantulas

Arachnopeon
Sounds great. It will be a good way for us to give each other region-specific tips like maintaining humidity, temperatures, and just getting in touch with fellow keepers. Also, the tarantula hobby is thriving here in the Philippines. :)

Jose Uriel

Arachnopeon

Yes I would be interested that we have our own regional forum so the forums would be organized

Indica420

Arachnopeon

This might be good for us who lives on asia. I'm from Philippines

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Thank you for your feedback. The forum has been created.

Please see here if you would like to join:

Status
Not open for further replies.