As so you guys know..

GabGab

Arachnoknight
I got my cute sling yesterday and I don't even know what to feed it? I've heard you cant feed it bigger than its size.. Any recommendations? I saw Dark den (on youtube) Feed his small spiders small flies.. But Idk if I would trust a fly just because they like to eat just about anything😅

Spaceman

Arachnoknight
You can prekill crickets and drop them in..
I’ve heard Tom Moran on yt suggesting just dropping a leg in

Can you send a picture of the sling?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Fruit flies, pinhead crickets, or cut up pieces of mealworms/crickets will all work. They will scavenge as well as hunt, and it's also more convenient in general to prekill prey items. It's easier to keep track of exactly how much they're eating and it's safer for the sling if it happens to be close to a molt.

GabGab

Arachnoknight
You can prekill crickets and drop them in..
I’ve heard Tom Moran on yt suggesting just dropping a leg in
I have mealworms! :( I'll probs just pre kill that and see if it eats it. But Id probs have to cut it in half just because it's probably to big for it 😅

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
I got my cute sling yesterday and I don't even know what to feed it? I've heard you cant feed it bigger than its size.. Any recommendations? I saw Dark den (on youtube) Feed his small spiders small flies.. But Idk if I would trust a fly just because they like to eat just about anything😅
I wouldn’t trust most advice from the Dark Den, his channel is the History channel equivalent of the invert hobby. Although fun and entertaining he only provides highlights of the hobby and quite a bit of his practice is designed to generate views and excite. Not inform... Go to Tom Moran for that...

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Fruit flies, pinhead crickets, or cut up pieces of mealworms/crickets will all work. They will scavenge as well as hunt, and it's also more convenient in general to prekill prey items. It's easier to keep track of exactly how much they're eating and it's safer for the sling if it happens to be close to a molt.
I just got him yesterday i'll wait till tomorrow to try to feed him :)

I wouldn’t trust most advice from the Dark Den, his channel is the History channel equivalent of the invert hobby. Although fun and entertaining he only provides highlights of the hobby and quite a bit of his practice is designed to generate views and excite. Not inform... Go to Tom Moran for that...
I will indeed look into some of his sling videos! Thank you. 😌

Spaceman

Arachnoknight
If you mean must so the T has water to drink: every couple days
If you mean misting for humidity: mist and then wait for the sub to dry

GabGab

Arachnoknight
I have it in what the owner gave me the T in. The spider is half an inch :)

cold blood

Staff member
1. theres no such thing as a t too small for a dish....too small for some enclosures, but thats your lone limiting factor for having a dish.

2. Adding water, or misting, should simply be done when things dry out....dampen part of the sub, when it dries, repeat the process...sling enclosures can be allowed to dry from time to time.

3. Diced mealworms are the easiest sling feeder....and because you can give larger chunks, you wont need to feed very often....i feed slings mealworm chunks every 7-14 days depending on their plumpness and still maintain darn near max growth rates.

GabGab

Arachnoknight
1. theres no such thing as a t too small for a dish....too small for some enclosures, but thats your lone limiting factor for having a dish.

2. Adding water, or misting, should simply be done when things dry out....dampen part of the sub, when it dries, repeat the process...sling enclosures can be allowed to dry from time to time.

3. Diced mealworms are the easiest sling feeder....and because you can give larger chunks, you wont need to feed very often....i feed slings mealworm chunks every 7-14 days depending on their plumpness and still maintain darn near max growth rates.
I actually was going to put a water dish BUT the person I bought from (Jamie's tarantulas) said not to give them one this small. I don't know where it would even go since I have it in a tube like enclosure.

Update I forgot I Ordered a sling enclosure. Re housing as we speak!

Attachments