[Article] Rudloff & Weinmann - Theraphosa stirmi new species!

CombiChrist

Arachnopeon
I don't know if I'm allowed to, but for those interested I hosted them online. Might save a lot of mailings.
Thanks to Eric and if for some reason this hosting was not allowed, just remove this and let me know please :)

<links removed at request of publisher>

Last edited by a moderator:

spiderfield

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
CombiChrist,

Thanks for sharing the information...that was very much appreciated!

Regards,
Ryan

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I spoke with Fran - he assures me that stirmi will not be the lasting name for this species, but is not able to divulge more than that at this time.

I'm sure once he is back on the boards, he will have more to say. Until then, this post reflects info from him, not from me.

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Whatever happens... I was hoping for a more detailed kind of paper description with a full genus analysis, ethology and ecology info as well as specific habitat data, and even anything molecular would be interesting. It also doesn't mention examination of T. blondi type or paratypes.

I know it's very difficult thing to achieve but, I think it's time for a more integral, kind of Theraphosidae taxonomy.

Cheers,
Pato

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There has only been two groups lately that have done anything molecular with theraphosids including myself. Brachypelma was briefly touched by Petersens et al. 2007 and some group sequenced the mitochondrial genome of an Ornithochinous species. Both on GenBank.

I'm currently working with Poecilotheria (unpublished as of now), I doubt much else is going on, let alone Theraphosa...

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There has only been two groups lately that have done anything molecular with theraphosids including myself. Brachypelma was briefly touched by Petersens et al. 2007 and some group sequenced the mitochondrial genome of an Ornithochinous species. Both on GenBank.

I'm currently working with Poecilotheria (unpublished as of now), I doubt much else is going on, let alone Theraphosa...
Nevermind molecular, it's a lot to ask for. But the other aspects I mentioned are more reasonable I think.

Jon3800

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Trying to find out more information myself. I'm not sure what you mean by "replacing."
What he basically means is that we're calling the former T.spinipes (T. sp.burgundy) = T.stirmi.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

I'd like a copy as well

slickjon@hotmail.com

Kirk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Whatever happens... I was hoping for a more detailed kind of paper description with a full genus analysis, ethology and ecology info as well as specific habitat data, and even anything molecular would be interesting. It also doesn't mention examination of T. blondi type or paratypes.

I know it's very difficult thing to achieve but, I think it's time for a more integral, kind of Theraphosidae taxonomy.

Cheers,
Pato
Pato: I'm curious, why would sequence data be interesting, as opposed to all other intrinsic characters? By "integral [integrated?] kind of taxonomy," I assume you mean conforming to the requirement of total evidence. Yes?

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
What he basically means is that we're calling the former T.spinipes (T. sp.burgundy) = T.stirmi.
I think what Zoltan means is how can you replace something that never existed ;)

Later, Tom