[Article] New African theraphosid genus and species - Bacillochilus xenostridulans

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
A new genus and species, called Bacillochilus xenostridulans is described by R. Gallon:

Gallon, R. C. 2010. A new genus and species of Harpactirinae from coastal Angola (Araneae, Theraphosidae). Bulletin of the British Arachnological Society 15 (3): 79–82.

I have the article (and so, abstract) now, but it doesn't tell much more than the title.

Abstract. A distinctive new monotypic African theraphosid spider genus is described from coastal Angola and diagnosed from the other Harpactirinae genera. The type species of the new genus represents a new species.

If anybody wants this article, send me a private message with your e-mail address.

Last edited:

VinceG

Arachnobaron
When we say abstract, what do we refer to? a picture? information on their look? ( English is not my primary language )

This is a really interresting thread, thanks for sharing!

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
When we say abstract, what do we refer to? a picture? information on their look? ( English is not my primary language )

This is a really interresting thread, thanks for sharing!
An abstract is generally a brief description/overview of the journal article. I would highly doubt photos in an abstract.

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh great another tarantula that I have no chance of saying it's name right....great lol.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
An abstract is generally a brief description/overview of the journal article. I would highly doubt photos in an abstract.
Plus, if you look at the thread that Zoltan linked from the BTS, it says it was described from two female specimens that have been preserved in alcohol for around a hundred years. Any pics would just show a "yellowy brown dead thing" lol.