Article about ATS-Conference 2003

Theraphosid Research Team

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi,

with great enjoyment I've seen the Program and the lectures of this year´s ATS-Conference! It's a pity that I can't visit this show, but it's not possible because of several reasons. So, my question is as follows:
We have a tarantula Society here in Germany with round about 400 Members and I'm the Editor of the "Mitteilungen", the official "Spider-Magazine" of this Organisation (download-example: http://www.dearge.de/xsonst/leseprobe.pdf). I would like to get an article about the forthcoming ATS-conference.
Well, is there anybody out there who would be so friendly to write a summary for our german magazine (in english of course) about the Conference and especially about the lectures which will be held there ?
If there is someone out there who wants to this favor for me, then please get in contact to me (von-wirth@dearge.de)!

With best regards, Volker

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Volker,
You might want to contact Joy Reed, a member of this forum and contributing editor of the ATS Journal. She is a writer by profession and seemingly a heck of a nice person. Just some thoughts.....

Kelly O

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Wow Volker, you sure have changed since that last avatar photo :)

Any chance of getting that article you wrote on identifying Haplopelma spp. in English?

Bill

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I'm no writer, but I can be amazingly articulate when I choose!
I'd be happy to help out...just let me know!

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi everybody,

thank you for your kindly help, but in the meantime I have someone who will make an article about the forthcoming ATS-Conference.But, if you guys will make photos, I would be glad to get some , especially from the lectures, for the article!

@Bill:
I don't know whether I will publish this preliminary results in the "Haplopelma Article" one day in english.I'll think of it!;)
BTW, I'll answer your private Mail within the next days.
Well, the Avatar-photo shows me in 1988 during a Heavy Metal Concert!

With best wishes, Volker

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by VolkervonWirth

Well, the Avatar-photo shows me in 1988 during a Heavy Metal Concert!
What I want to know Volker, are you wearing Axl Rose like tights??? Perhaps a studded cup? :D I'd guess you weren't a 'Tears for Fears' fan?

I think I was a Ramones nut at that time, blue jeans, leather jacket, converse allstars, bad Ramones like bowl haircut, even worse guitar riffs, etc.... Still love that band.....

Steve

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
oh my god Volker, you were so HOT :D
wouldn't we have made a PERFECT couple???!!

Last edited:

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
...wouldn't we have made a PERFECT couple???!!
God damned, WE would!!!!! ;) :D

@Steve:
Axel Rose is a nice guy, but I like more those guys which wear leather instead of tutus!;P BTW, on the forthcoming Friday I'll be on a 3 days Festival with Marylin Manson, Metallica and Iron Maiden. That will kick ass and kill my head!!!;) :D

Cheers, Volker

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Volker,

I think you look very much like Howard Stern LOL

/Lelle

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm still trying to get over Holley's handcuffs. Book 'em Danno!

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Volker,

I always wanted to ask, why are you making the "I Love You" sign in that picture? Did you mean to make the "Devil Horns"? If so, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the left hand and your thumb has to touch between your middle finger and ring finger..... ;P

Scott

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by mrderanged
Volker,

I always wanted to ask, why are you making the "I Love You" sign in that picture? Did you mean to make the "Devil Horns"? If so, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the left hand and your thumb has to touch between your middle finger and ring finger..... ;P

Scott
In some locales, that is the 'hang loose' or 'take it easy' sign.

Bill

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
showing off your knowledge of ASL Scott?! :)
I don't care what you say, he's a hottie, and 15 years ago, we'd have been the hottest metal couple around ;)
=D

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Thank you for clarifying. My gang signs have been slippin lately yo.

P.S. - who's the limp body on the couch in the last picture?

Bill

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
is that a mini (table) tripod cruelly abandoned to fend for itself on the counter back there? (sniffle)

hey man, if you're going to abuse and neglect photography equipment, feel free to send it my way. ;)