Armadillo Lizard

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was at the pet store and saw this lizard for $25:

It's not the best pic, but it'll have to do until my next visit. I'm guessing it's either Cordylus giganteus or tropidosternum, but I've just begun researching these guys, so those guesses definitely aren't restricted.
Thanks for any help :)

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well it is definetly not Cordylus giganteus. It probably is Cordylus tropidosternum as it is the most common Cordylus in the pet trade.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well it is definetly not Cordylus giganteus. It probably is Cordylus tropidosternum as it is the most common Cordylus in the pet trade.
Thanks for your reply. Do you know if $25 is a good price for these guys? They look pretty neat.

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That seems to be an ok price for a store. If it was Cordylus giganteus for $25 that would be the greatest deal ever as they normally cost well over a grand.

Cordylus tropidosternum are probably the only member of the genus that are under $100. Unfortunately they are also the least colorful and don't have the the amazing scaleation of some of the others.

I breed 2 species and they are fun lizards but a bit skittish. I hear Cordylus tropidosternum are more arboreal so maybe they are different.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well the $25 definitely cancels out Cordylus giganteus lol
Yes, in comparison to the other species they appear dull, but I still think they're nice looking lizards, especially when all I see around here are fence lizards :D
Once again, thanks for the info!