Arizona blonde question

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
Ok so I have the opportunity to get a little over 2 inch male Arizona blond my question is is this to big for it

Attachments

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
I would say it's about 16 inches in length and height and about 10 in width it is a 16-18 quart container

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Ok so I have the opportunity to get a little over 2 inch male Arizona blond my question is is this to big for it
Are you getting the male for free or buying it? I am just curious. I don't know how new you are to the hobby. You may already know that males don't live a long time. Female A. chalcodes are available at fairly low prices ($50).

Otherwise there is nothing wrong with getting a male. All of them are fun to own.

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
It's from ken the bug guy it's 25 dollars I believe but I'm going there soon so I plan on buying it I just don't know how to take care of slings housing

cold blood

Staff member
2.5" isn't a sling, its a juvie. Dry sub, a hide, deep enough sub to construct a burrow and a water dish....so simple.

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
Hmmm i have a possible solution, my local dollar store sells some large food containers, i may just use those since the are thin enough I can just poke holes in

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
They are about 5 inches high so that's would be enough for the little guy to burrow, only problem is width they I would guess 5 inches wide also but they are a cheap solution I suppose

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
I live in Sierra vista I am by no lakes lol I think the closest one is by flagstaff and that's 5-6 hours away I think, I can't remember how long it took me last time :)

cold blood

Staff member
Parker Canyon Lake is that far?

Lol, I hope you realize I am just teasing you...hehe

Plastic food containers are a pain to ventilate, visibility isn't as good and the rigid tops are hard to smoothly remove...I tried them at one point, learn from my mistake...I'd just go with a deli cup.

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
I've never heard of Parker canyon lol I may got check it out sometime but these containers are crystal clear I'll try my best to find a link to em'