Argh! You Guys Decide For Me.

Which Should I NOT Get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sweetmisery

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im finally getting my Ts tomorrow(deposit thru bank), then will be getting it next week. Im getting 5. B. Klaasi, Boehmi, and Auratum Im getting for sure.

Problem is, I like the Eupalaestrus Campestratus since I love pink. But then again, I like to get a Smithi and Emilia. After thinking and flip-flopping back and forth, I finally just want you guys to decide for my last T.

Do know I want a docile one, something I can handle now and then, and hardy.

BIG THANKS!

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Go with the Brachys and get the camp later. It'll take the Brachys longer to grow so you might as well get a good head start.

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How are B.emilias bland? I've always liked their color patterns more than the B.smithi.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Uhhhhh... not sure how an emilia could be considered "bland"? Mine is as psychotic as a rosie. Very interesting little girl... But not as handleable as my smithi girl. :cool:

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my B. Smithi gets the most attention when i have company over. Just a thought..

sweetmisery

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its just my opinion. Seeing their colors, they seem faded. Unlike the auratum, smithi and boehmi.

No love for the Campestratus?

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you're looking for "pretty" and "handleable" then you may want to look into the G. areostriata... they are true "show offs" - I'm not kidding! :clap: We have 4 of them and every single one comes right out to say Hi! whenever we enter the T. room... it's almost as if they're kitten-like... They seem to enjoy the interaction in a way that our many other T's do not. Inexpensive and a real joy to own... give 'em a shot!:)

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I'm a huge fan of E. campestratus. My female is super docile. She has never once kicked hair at me and will only give a half hearted threat display if I bug the heck out of her. She is ALWAYS out in the open, doesn't eat much so is cheap to keep and like I said, never kicks hairs which is a big bonus for a new world tarantula.

On the other hand, every single one of my Brachypelma will kick hair, but they are gorgeous. I say go with whichever one floats your boat. You can always pick up another one later.

Edit:Actually my B. albiceps doesn't really kick hair.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My best handler is my E.camp but,well,... the rest of mine are fast arboreals or giants.:?

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would go with the E. campestratus myself. They are beautiful and if you want to handle alot I have never known one to kick hairs, while many Brachys are well known for it. My campestratus is my absolute favorite out of my 50+ Ts. She has quite the "personality". Very sweet and docile. Always hungry. Always out where I can see her. Can't say enough good things about this species. Plus, they are usually much cheaper than the Brachys.

Jen

EvilElvis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Every Tarantula lover/enthusiasts should own a B. Smithi at one point in thier lives!

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
From what I have seen most dealers will throw in a " freebie " if you buy a T off them. E. campestratus is very often one of the T's offered... You could then get the Brachy and a freebie E. campestratus ... You can never have too many Ts :)

sweetmisery

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Really? Its a freebie T?! Well I guess not here, since its more expensive than the smithi. And its rare here. Oh well...

pedro041484

Arachnopeon
bai smithi nalang... dugay kaayo mdako ang emilia :wall:

B. SMITHI HANDS DOWN:worship: :worship: :worship:

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Really? Its a freebie T?! Well I guess not here, since its more expensive than the smithi. And its rare here. Oh well...
whoops ! Sorry, I didn't see where you are from... Come move to Canada or the U.S. :)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
LOL I can't believe you put (B. Emilia rare but bland) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I miss something?