Are you ACTUALLY molting now, or what?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
So apparently three days ago my G. pulchripes Regina has dug a burrow and sealed it up in her tiny enclosure that previously had no burrow. Now if you all recall, a few weeks ago I mistakenly thought that she was in premolt because she sealed herself in her burrow, but it turns out that I was wrong, and that her enclosure was just too big.
Now, however, my mom has told me that three days ago she stopped filling her water dish with substrate and instead used it to create a burrow, which is sealed up so she can't be seen. My mom doesn't exactly look at her, like ever, so I don't know if her abdomen has darkened at all. Also apparently Regina's siblings are molting, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she has molted and will emerge with a beautiful new dress.

well I guess at this age she's the equivalent of like a four year old little girl, so I guess the correct terminology would be, "brand new Elsa/Anna costume" cuz that's all they wear nowadays.

Frozen is so overrated.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
agreed, Han needed fire powers to fight Elsa at the end.
I mean don't get me wrong Frozen is a great movie, one of my favorites. But it's STILL selling merchandise in every conceivable store. Just last week I went in to GameStop and saw Frozen DS cases. Seriously?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I mean don't get me wrong Frozen is a great movie, one of my favorites. But it's STILL selling merchandise in every conceivable store. Just last week I went in to GameStop and saw Frozen DS cases. Seriously?
yeah, they gotta stop.
lol as for the tarantula, if the abdomens big and its hiding, id bet its in premolt.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
yeah, they gotta stop.
lol as for the tarantula, if the abdomens big and its hiding, id bet its in premolt.
My mom didn't look at her, like, ever. But a few weeks ago when I fed her for the first time, her abdomen got huge after that one meal so I decided to not feed her for awhile to let her lose some fat. I was worried she was obese.

cold blood

Staff member
My mom didn't look at her, like, ever. But a few weeks ago when I fed her for the first time, her abdomen got huge after that one meal so I decided to not feed her for awhile to let her lose some fat. I was worried she was obese.
Lol, a shrinking abdomen would be a bad sign. Skinny after a molt, fat before molting, this is the natural life cycle of a t. Ideally, a molting t should be plump.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I would just add another waterdish to replace the buried one, en leave the rest up to her.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Lol, a shrinking abdomen would be a bad sign. Skinny after a molt, fat before molting, this is the natural life cycle of a t. Ideally, a molting t should be plump.
I mean I did see a picture of her last week and her abdomen was still as big as a grape on a 2" juvie, but it was a terrible picture so I couldn't see the bald spot.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
I offer food to my two and they eat or I remove the feeder. This is how I do w all my tarantulas. Both of my Pulchripes have never refused food though. Honestly, I have several huge tarantulas (10"stirmi, 7" lp) that I kinda like the G pulchripes at their current size lol. And I've never seen frozen cuz I live under a piece of cork bark.