Are these temperatures ok?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I'm still without power from the storm and it could be the weekend before we get it back. It has started turning cold at night and I'm wondering if the 64F temps are too cold for my Ts. I can try to move all of them to my sister's house but that will be a task given how many I have and I'd have to take most of them out of their enclosures to prevent crushing during the move. Thoughts?

louise f

Arachnoangel
I'm still without power from the storm and it could be the weekend before we get it back. It has started turning cold at night and I'm wondering if the 64F temps are too cold for my Ts. I can try to move all of them to my sister's house but that will be a task given how many I have and I'd have to take most of them out of their enclosures to prevent crushing during the move. Thoughts?
Hey friend, sorry to hear about that storm you guys had over there:( <3 I hope you are ok. :)
The tempts it is a little on the lower side for the T`s. This is a really hard one. If you should get the power back by the weekend, i think there should be no problem keeping them in those tempts.
I hope others will chime in too with some good advises. I really wish for the best <3

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
So that was why you were so quiet.Hopefully you and yyou're loved ones are ok!
For temperature, maybe fill some bottles with hot water? Boil water on the stove and use that? My stove runs on gas, not sure about US equipment...
For evacuating, couldn't you put the delis in a box without crumpling them? Put some tissues or sheets between them and keep the box on your lap while driving to prevent it from jostling around too much?

Kymura

Arachnoknight
This is going to sound foolish but I actually did it when we lost power way back when, (think it was Opal around 95') we were fostering toy poodle puppies that had lost their mom and they were cold. I moved them to the second bathroom and heated bricks on the grill, piled the bricks (or stones if you have them) in a roasting pan and sat it on a folded blanket on the floor in there. As the room was so small it definitely took the chill off.
Worth a thought if it stays cold.

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
If you have access to hot water then the water bottle idea would work. place the water bottles in the larger enclosures and around smaller ones and the radiant heat should take the cold edge off the Ts. Also keep the Ts away from a drafty areas of your home.

I live on the jersey shore right where Sandy made landfall and went two weeks with no power. At the time I kept a 40 gallon saltwater reef tank and managed to keep all the fish and coral alive with alot of work. multiple hot water bottles in the tank at all times to keep the temp correct and lots of water changes to make up for the filtration being down. A friend of mine wasnt so lucky and had an all electric house so his reef tank crashed after a few days.

Good luck and I hope your power is restored soon

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Thanks for the input. I just got a text from the electric company that we should be back with electricity by this afternoon. So they should be ok. I have really been worried about Ringo my bearded dragon. When I left for work all the Ts looked ok so maybe they we be fine.

Just about everything is electric except the grill which is charcoal. I might look into a gas backup heater in case it happens again.

Yeah, we are all safe. There were just a lot of downed trees all over our part of the power grid. I didn't lose any trees but my neighbor had 3 large hardwoods go down. Being without power is rough. Lucky for me I still had water during this time just not hot water.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks for the input. I just got a text from the electric company that we should be back with electricity by this afternoon. So they should be ok. I have really been worried about Ringo my bearded dragon. When I left for work all the Ts looked ok so maybe they we be fine.

Just about everything is electric except the grill which is charcoal. I might look into a gas backup heater in case it happens again.

Yeah, we are all safe. There were just a lot of downed trees all over our part of the power grid. I didn't lose any trees but my neighbor had 3 large hardwoods go down. Being without power is rough. Lucky for me I still had water during this time just not hot water.
I had a feeling you were w/out power when I hadn't seen you for a while. Glad you are OK. Kymura's idea is a good one, as various types of stone can retain their heat for a while. I've observed this for other reasons than exotics. Graves' idea is also a good one. If you could transfer to your sister I'd do it.

I've seen my snakes drop to 65 once for 2 days, and they were not interested in anything. They didn't perk up for a few days once the temps were in the 80s. They survived. I'd be equally as concerned about your BD and even many of the Ts depending on the species.

Keep us posted.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Are you joking my man? :)

Here arrived an helluva of cold air in the late days, and I have not turned on the heathing system yet.

64 F you say? I have 59 F at the moment and all of my T's are fine, even the Goddess that she's, while I'm writing this, is busy cleaning herself. My A.geniculata ate a B.dubia, my female "Psalmo" enjoying his tree throne, the others in their burrows and so forth.

The only "bag" that needed a Goddam aspirin (really) was me because I was out those days not covered enough :-(

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Are you joking my man? :)

Here arrived an helluva of cold air in the late days, and I have not turned on the heathing system yet.

64 F you say? I have 59 F at the moment and all of my T's are fine, even the Goddess that she's, while I'm writing this, is busy cleaning herself. My A.geniculata ate a B.dubia, my female "Psalmo" enjoying his tree throne, the others in their burrows and so forth.

The only "bag" that needed a Goddam aspirin (really) was me because I was out those days not covered enough :-(
Yeah, I figured the juvies up would be ok but I was worried about the 20+ slings I have (I guess that was info I should have added to the org post). Two of my 5+ DLS Ts molted just a day or two before the power loss when it was 80F in the T room. The male GBB was one of them and from his place in the web funnel he hasn't moved since then. My neighbor just texted me that the power is back on so I'll give them a good check over when I get home. I'm hoping they will be ok and so will the reptiles.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Glad your powers back hun, thinking they will probably be fine. Surely in the wild temps plummet after a storm. Even the desert is cold at night. Fingers crossed for you and your T's and reptiles.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
The power is back and it's comfortable in here again. Ringo is still moving slow but I'm hoping him and Fred will perk up now that it is warm. All the Ts that are visible look to be doing fine.

Yesterday was communal feed day so I'm going to feed them tonight.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
What about buying a Costco size box of heat packs and putting one/two on the outside of each enclosure