are these good Ts to start with??

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am looking at expanding my collection and was looking into these species and whether they would be good for a newbie. I have three Ts right now. G. Rosea, G. Aureostriata, and B. Emilia. The species I am looking into are: A. Bicoloratum, H. Incei, N. Chromatus, C. Fasciatum, and A. Genticulata.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The incei, chromatus and the fasciatum are intermediate t's but that just means they take a little more effort to take care of. Just do you research and you shouldn't have a problem with any of those t's.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The species I am looking into are: A. Bicoloratum, H. Incei, N. Chromatus, C. Fasciatum, and A. Genticulata.
Here's a list that might help with your decision:

H. incei: 2.5"-3" is the average legspan of this tarantula. (There could be bigger or smaller out there). This species is very fast and nervous so it is not handleable IME. It Doesn't need a huge enclosure IMO this species is great space saver if you are cramped for space.

C. Fasciatum: 3" - 3.5" is the average legspan of this tarantula. (There could be bigger or smaller out there). This species is very fast and nervous so it is not handleable IME. It Doesn't need a huge enclosure as adults IMO this species is great space saver if you are cramped for space.

A. Bicoloratum: 3.5" - 4" is the average legspan of this tarantula. (There could be bigger or smaller out there). This species is one of my all time favorite "pet" tarantulas. Most of them are docile and a little nervous and can be hair kickers at times. It also requires a medium as adults amount of space. They also make good display animals.

N. Chromatus: 5.5" - 6" is the average legspan of this tarantula. (There could be bigger or smaller out there). This species is fast and nervous so it is not handleable IME. They do require a little bit more space as adults and make great display animals.

A. Genticulata: 7.5" - 8" is the average legspan of this tarantula. (There could be bigger or smaller out there). This species is fast, nervous, and hungry which makes people think they are agressive. It is not handleable IME. They require a larger enclosure as adults and make great display animals.

Brian

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am looking at expanding my collection and was looking into these species and whether they would be good for a newbie. I have three Ts right now. G. Rosea, G. Aureostriata, and B. Emilia. The species I am looking into are: A. Bicoloratum, H. Incei, N. Chromatus, C. Fasciatum, and A. Genticulata.
I agree with Cheetah. Your choice should depend on what charateristics you want in your next spider. The fasciatum is a small one, but they are colorful and web a lot. The bicoloratum is very pretty, a burrower, can be a little nervous. I can't comment on the incei, no knowledge at all. Chromatus are a very attractive spider in a reasonalble size, the genic is a very attactive spider in a larger size.
I don't have a bicoloratum, but I've heard they can be nervy and kick a lot, my chromatus is very calm, but can move very quickly if startled, my fasciatum is just a tiny sling still, but I like the look of them, my genic was calm as a smaller sling and now threatens to kick if I even look at him. Decide what you want from the T and that will help your choice.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i agree with all of the above. but i had to pick one it would probly be the
a. genic. just personal preference on appearance.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah get a geniculata!there great spiders to keep.if i get an eggsac from my breeding u can have one ;)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I personally believe, any T is a beginner T. Anyone can start with any T they want as long as they read up the care requirments and respect the T. So that being said, get the one you like the best. I personally say genic, beautiful, big and stays out in open.