Are these good deals?

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Okay, just wondering, because I spent $100 on my old 3" smithi, but then again, she was a guaranteed female.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
they seem pretty good. it depends on the gender/size, etc for each one, tho. the N. Chromatus looks a little pricey, tho.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
they broker animals in large quantities, and with spiders I do not believe they even bother to have the spiders sexed at all. They probably just bought them in a bulk quantity from a wholesaler somewhere really cheap and then resale. You are taking a big gamble when you buy from brokers ... who knows if the wholesaler sold them a bulk lot because they were male heavy or whatever. And with this particular company, customer service is a 50/50 gamble. Some people say it's great and some say it's downright horrible to the point of shipments getting lost and not being refunded or reshipped. I find it best that when dealing with broker companies like this that if you buy from them it is better done in person if they are vending at a reptile show near you rather than over the internet. Might save you some trouble if you happen to lose the lottery of who takes/fullfills your online order.

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've dealth with Reptile Depot before, they aren't bad. Like the name they specialize in Reptiles, not tarantulas. It was hard to sift through their tarantula offering because it was just in piles. Very unorganized. They can't sex tarantulas either.

It's a gamble but if you buy spiderlings, it always is.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
No no, I'm not interested in purchasing any more Ts at the moment. Even if I was I wouldn't buy from them anyway. ;) Just wondering about how much those should be priced for, because their slings are about as much as their juvies and adults, which doesn't seem right.