Are there terrestrial Ts who won't fit in a large critter keeper?

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
Except Theraphosa and arboreals, are there any tarantulas that won't fit in a 37x22x25 cm enclosure?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
No :-s

37 cm (di larghezza) vanno bene, eccome. Le misure sono ottime IMO. Si, magari a una femmina di L.parahybana puoi offrire giusto qualcosina in + ma se il set up è buono Io non vedo particolari problemi.

Naturalmente parlando solo di terricole, non fossori ;-)

hennibbale

Arachnosquire

37 cm (di larghezza) vanno bene, eccome. Le misure sono ottime IMO. Si, magari a una femmina di L.parahybana puoi offrire giusto qualcosina in + ma se il set up è buono Io non vedo particolari problemi.

Yep, capisco.

Questo perché almeno posso sapere quanta uniformità posso avere con i terrari. Quindi per le terricole prenderò i faunabox, e per fossorie e arboricole altri.
Mi darebbe molto fastidio avere tutto diverso hahahahah

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
You need to understand that, since I'm an Italian reaching his 40 :cigar: for me is quite odd, bizzarre and definitely unnatural to speak in English with a man that speaks (perfectly) Italian as well :-s

-- I apologize for that but simply I can't
It was supposed to be a funny ...

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor

Well, i actually understood your last sentence...if you two keep it up, i'll have a degree in italian in a few months :D ;)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
What do you call someone who can speak three languages? Trilingual.

What do you call someone who can speak two languages? Bilingual.

What do you call someone who can speak one language? American.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What do you call someone who can speak three languages? Trilingual.

What do you call someone who can speak two languages? Bilingual.

I'd take offense at that characterization.... if it wasn't true! :rolleyes:

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
To be fair, a lot of that is because there is zero emphasis on foreign language education (at least when I was growing up) until high school, maybe middle school at the earliest, in the United States (or again, at least in the midwest). Many other countries start in elementary school when kids can pick up a second (or third) language fairly easily.

I took four years of French in High school and two semesters of Russian in college, and while I can read both at probably a "pre-school" level, I am definitely not fluent in either.

To answer the original question, I wouldn't put my MF L. klugi in a large critter keeper. My MF A. chalcodes could probably do just fine.

Pipa

Arachnoknight
even MF chalcodes would be kindof tight squeeze for large critter keeper.

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Yeah, not saying it would be ideal for her, but I think she would be okay (and that chalcodes might not be quite mature, but she is approaching that size at around a 4" DLS).

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
I'm keeping my 15 cm N. chromatus in a kritter keeper of that size for now, I personally prefer smaller cages in proportion to the T, but I do plan on getting a bigger cage for her since I want her to be in more of a display tank with some pretty decor :kiss:

woodermeloon

Arachnopeon
Why would you want to try to shove any large T in an enclosure that might be too small? Just because my LP might fit inside that large keeper, it certainly wouldn't be natural or thriving.

Size doesn't really do it for me, but I do like to show off my larger T's. Many of them I've had for years and I'll splurge and stick them in a ten gallon. Heck, I currently have a 7 year old A. versi in a 25 gallon tank.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
Why would you want to try to shove any large T in an enclosure that might be too small? Just because my LP might fit inside that large keeper, it certainly wouldn't be natural or thriving.

Size doesn't really do it for me, but I do like to show off my larger T's. Many of them I've had for years and I'll splurge and stick them in a ten gallon. Heck, I currently have a 7 year old A. versi in a 25 gallon tank.
I'm ah, a little short on room, unfortunately. Although I am considering moving everyone into the basement, since there's a lot of room down there compared to my bedroom :rofl: But I don't know if my small space heater will be enough to keep it at a decent temp down there

Also I have no bigger cage atm, so there's that :bored: I would go shopping with my mom to get a plastic tub but as I said, I want a good tank for display, so preferably made from acrylic, or a modified glass tank

woodermeloon

Arachnopeon
If your going cheap then there are 100s of websites out there selling plastic containers of all shapes and sizes. Many people keep large arboreals in large pretzel type coneainers and large burrowers/terrestrials in smaller Rubbermaid type containers.

Also most major pet stores will run 1$ per gallon sales (I believe Petco currently is). The screen lid will potentially run you another 10$. You can get yourself a brand new forever home for your L kulgi for 20$

Lastly, if you can brave Craigslist, people on craigslist are always trying to get rid of tanks. I usually only go and check it out if I know they have lids. But I've gotten quiet a few free 10G from craiglist. All I had to do was flush the fish that came with them!...kidding on the flushing thing, but people can be talked to and given btwn 50¢ to a dollar per gallon.

Last edited:

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
If your going cheap then there are 100s of websites out there selling plastic containers of all shapes and sizes. Many people keep large arboreals in large pretzel type coneainers and large burrowers/terrestrials in smaller Rubbermaid type containers.

Also most major pet stores will run 1$ per gallon sales (I believe Petco currently is). The screen lid will potentially run you another 10$. You can get yourself a brand new forever home for your L kulgi for 20$

Lastly, if you can brave Craigslist, people on craigslist are always trying to get rid of tanks. I usually only go and check it out if I know they have lids. But I've gotten quiet a few free 10G from craiglist. All I had to do was flush the fish that came with them!
Unfortunately we have no Petcos in this area, and all of my local petstores sell 10 gals for at least 40$, weird huh? I'll definitely look into searching craigslist and amazon hahah, definitely not skilled enough to make my own acrylic cages

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
Unfortunately we have no Petcos in this area, and all of my local petstores sell 10 gals for at least 40$, weird huh? I'll definitely look into searching craigslist and amazon hahah, definitely not skilled enough to make my own acrylic cages
And here I am, sitting on a chair in Switzerland, where a 30×20×15 cm (9 L, 2,378 gal) plexiglas enclosure costs 50 bucks.